janesy wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:29 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:52 pm
Hillcountry wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:24 pm

Nice! What did you buy?
This: https://notawheelchair.com/

I'll use it all summer for getting around outside with the kids, going on trails, but I'll primarily use it for hunting.

Nice Bike, ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Sorry couldn't resist! That is one serious piece. I remember you posting about it. Glad it's almost here
Very nice! Good luck with it! It’s great that smart people are always thinking out of the box!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
papabear1

Re: E Bikes For Hunting

Post by papabear1 »

With the weight limit @ 225 it won't haul my ars around,
and it might be a little hard to steer in the woods with all the leaves on
the ground and twigs ???? :eusa-think:

Dave :(
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

wheelsquad wrote:
Hillcountry wrote:
papabear1 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:25 am

Let us know how you like it, at 78 yrs. 10 months,
im looking to ride something, :eusa-think:

Dave :eusa-popcorn:
Nice! What did you buy?

I'll use it all summer for getting around outside with the kids, going on trails, but I'll primarily use it for hunting.
It's seems like an interesting rig & looks well built. Looks like a nice carrying rack could be added to the back to haul gear, & that would be nice! The under 225 pound carrying capacity rating, however, would be my concern, too.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:36 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Hillcountry wrote:

Nice! What did you buy?

It's seems like an interesting rig & looks well built. Looks like a nice carrying rack could be added to the back to haul gear, & that would be nice! The under 225 pound carrying capacity rating, however, would be my concern, too.
It's funny they say 225 lb limit, but then right in their intro video he rides on the back of it, and I bet he's easily 225 himself. But I'm a medium sized guy and even with all my hunting gear I'll be under the limit.

Didn't intend to hijack this thread though... My brother has a regular ebike for hunting. Loves it, even pulls a deer cart with it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:18 pm
Driftless hunter wrote:
wheelsquad wrote:

It's funny they say 225 lb limit, but then right in their intro video he rides on the back of it, and I bet he's easily 225 himself. But I'm a medium sized guy and even with all my hunting gear I'll be under the limit.

Didn't intend to hijack this thread though... My brother has a regular ebike for hunting. Loves it, even pulls a deer cart with it.
I found that odd as well. Perhaps it’s the “chair” part (his wife is built small) maybe he could beef up that area for us beefcakes! :mrgreen:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Hillcountry wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Driftless hunter wrote:

I found that odd as well. Perhaps it’s the “chair” part (his wife is built small) maybe he could beef up that area for us beefcakes! :mrgreen:
Who you calling a (Beefstake ) :eusa-hand:
my wife says im a double quarter pounder :lol:
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

Reminds me of my old job where feelings weren’t sacred.nick names were common! Every morning when Les walked in he he would say Mornin Zip u little bastard! Zip would respond with F-u,u fat bastard! One morning Les picked Zip up in a bear hug, and said” I can always lose a
Weight, but you ain’t never gonna grow up! I really miss those guys! If somebody was down, they were all there for support!
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Normous

Post by Normous »

^^^ Nice^^^ :thumbup:
I'm going to miss the comradery when I retire from the factory June 1 st.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cardinalsfanforever

Yep, grew up with those guys
Cardinalsfanforever

Happy retirement if I miss it
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

papabear1 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:12 pm
Hillcountry wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

Who you calling a (Beefstake ) :eusa-hand:
my wife says im a double quarter pounder :lol:
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

Dave :D
With extra CHEESE no doubt! :mrgreen:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
venison

Post by venison »

I personally owned three electric bikes ...I use for hunting the other one I use for the road. I have one with a 26 x 4” tire and tows deer out like a quad the other one has 20 inch tires 4 inches wide as the mid drive motor with 750 want hub motor and I use a Crawler dear cart ...I literally put my bike within 50 yards of my stand and deer walk right by it they have no idea it’s there or you’re coming they stand there and look at you.I have Benefited by just carrying all my stuff in the woods all at once I can throw three blinds to stands on it and within a couple hours be all set up the deer crawler car is the way to go with the four wheels it’s more stable and easy to pull out and I’ve hauled numerous deer out with it I went with a step through 20 inch rad runner and built it myself with the mid drive motor totally has enough power to pull anything..I’ve been using electric bikes for 7 years now love it no scent on the ground great for scouting to game changer for me ..
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

How are they in deep mud?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

You need to look at Juiced Bikes Scrambler (Camp) version. It is one of the best and lowest cost E-Bikes out there and it works great. We used one in California on the streets (City) and switch to the nobby tires (Camp) for hunting. The website is www.juicedbikes.com
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

ihunt wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 am
How are they in deep mud?
I don’t really have any mud…just a couple brooks to traverse. BUT that’s why I like the Rungu Duallie…check them out! The twin front wheels (one rear) gives more stability in shifty conditions like mud/sand/snow. Hopefully the prices will be coming down after this woohanflu is settled.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360