Re: May TWINSTRIKE GIVEAWAY - Thumbs Down

Post by wheelsquad »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 am
lituani wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:51 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:16 pm
leave it up to the people if they want to participate or not.
That ^^^
Interesting really not sure how individual personal choice applies here in Ontario and for that matter in an increasing number of places across the country..

Here in Ontario for example "The Home of Excalibur"

The Ontario Provincial Wide Lock Down in place would mean Bow Shops would have to break the law inorder to let individual test fire a twinstrike to met the entry criteria.
Hence a $1000.00 fine for the businesses first infraction then up to $500,000 if they continue to defy the restrictions on Retail.
To that any individual ( customer ) involved may be fined $750.00 dollars first time then up to $100,000 if they are caught continuing to violate the restrictions.

Personal Choice is not an option

Stay Safe
Yes you are right that in your locked down area it is not a personal choice. I made that statement in that excal shouldn't hold back from having this for the places where it is allowed. And without getting too political, a statement of my disagreement with full on lockdowns as a measure that was used nearly everywhere and still going on in some places.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
dynamo61

Post by dynamo61 »

There are two Excal dealers in SW Ontario that are open.
One also sells firearms.
They limit how many people can be in the store at any time.
Besides that, no issues.
Excalibur TwinStrike
TenPoint Havoc XERO RS440
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

No Excalibur dealers in my area either. Closest one is probably 175 miles away in one direction. Drawing should have been online! :thumbdown:

The Internet shows an Excalibur dealer 62 miles from my house in Canton, Texas. I've been in that shop. Not a SINGLE Excalibur in there for sale. They do carry factory bolts/arrows. But noting else. :thumbdown:
I guess if I got some arrows and then offered to re-sell them I could be considered a dealer too??? :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:24 am
No Excalibur dealers in my area either. Closest one is probably 175 miles away in one direction. Drawing should have been online! :thumbdown:

The Internet shows an Excalibur dealer 62 miles from my house in Canton, Texas. I've been in that shop. Not a SINGLE Excalibur in there for sale. They do carry factory bolts/arrows. But noting else. :thumbdown:
I guess if I got some arrows and then offered to re-sell them I could be considered a dealer too??? :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty:
Isn't the purpose of the TwinStrike giveaway to get people into dealer shops & check out the new crossbow? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that! I understand some areas my have COVID restrictions, but I don't fault a company for promoting their product wherever they can.

I contacted an Excalibur dealer in December, & they emailed me back when they had some Excalibur crossbows in stock. My trip served dual purposes, because I was receiving free cables/string replacements from G5 Prime for my compound. I didn't make the trip to have my bow set up until the Excalibur crossbows were back in stock. It was 115 miles drive one way, but that's because my local archery shop that carried Prime had closed. Testing out a Mag 340 was part of my plan, & the TwinStrike was there at the time.

I think some are missing the main point of the giveaway. They want people to check out the TwinStrike. It's their way of promoting a new product and draw more interest. I don't think their goal is just to give away crossbows. Just my thought, & I am wrong sometimes.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 pm
I think some are missing the main point of the giveaway. They want people to check out the TwinStrike. It's their way of promoting a new product and draw more interest. I don't think their goal is just to give away crossbows. Just my thought, & I am wrong sometimes.
Nailed it!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

wheelsquad wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 pm
Driftless hunter wrote:
Nailed it!
To comment further would be just to :eusa-deadhorse: .
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Driftless hunter wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

Isn't the purpose of the TwinStrike giveaway to get people into dealer shops & check out the new crossbow? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that! I understand some areas my have COVID restrictions, but I don't fault a company for promoting their product wherever they can.

I contacted an Excalibur dealer in December, & they emailed me back when they had some Excalibur crossbows in stock. My trip served dual purposes, because I was receiving free cables/string replacements from G5 Prime for my compound. I didn't make the trip to have my bow set up until the Excalibur crossbows were back in stock. It was 115 miles drive one way, but that's because my local archery shop that carried Prime had closed. Testing out a Mag 340 was part of my plan, & the TwinStrike was there at the time.

I agree absolutely I'd love to handle some of the new bows!!... Even though I love the current model of Excalibur I shoot and probably wouldn't trade. :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-think: :eusa-liar:

I just WISH there were MORE Excalibur dealers!!! That was my point. :D Didn't have anything to do with "winning" a free crossbow. I just wish Excal had a dealer close enough to me to drive to in a day!! Then again if they did, I'd probably be broke!!! :eusa-doh:

Is there a limit on the number of Excalibur crossbows one can own at one time??? :eusa-whistle: :wink: :lol:

Perhaps in my lifetime, Bow Tech will open a store in my "neck of the woods"!! :eusa-naughty:

Just the rambling thoughts of an OLD East Texas Redneck!! :lol:
deep from the Piney Woods!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm
Driftless hunter wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I agree absolutely I'd love to handle some of the new bows!!... Even though I love the current model of Excalibur I shoot and probably wouldn't trade. :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-think: :eusa-liar:

I just WISH there were MORE Excalibur dealers!!! That was my point. :D Didn't have anything to do with "winning" a free crossbow. I just wish Excal had a dealer close enough to me to drive to in a day!! Then again if they did, I'd probably be broke!!! :eusa-doh:

Is there a limit on the number of Excalibur crossbows one can own at one time??? :eusa-whistle: :wink: :lol:

Perhaps in my lifetime, Bow Tech will open a store in my "neck of the woods"!! :eusa-naughty:

Just the rambling thoughts of an OLD East Texas Redneck!! :lol:
deep from the Piney Woods!!
AJ
I totally understand that! I shouldn't have made my response seem directed at your previous reply, because it wasn't meant to be.

I totally get the frustration of no dealers being nearby, & those who still have COViD restrictions where they live.

I live about 60 miles from the Mathews/Mission factory. One would think my current bow would be a Mathews, but it's not. At the time, I bought what I thought was the best for me. Mathews/Mission dealerships are quite common in my area, & my previous bow (used for 17 years) was a Mathews.

Someone who has taken a different approach - Some are saying (haven't 100% confirmed this) Scorpyd has eliminated dealerships all together for their crossbows. You may buy a Scorpyd crossbow from Wyvern Creations or factory direct only. Their website still lists dealerships, but I have been told they no longer exist. I've even noticed Borkholder Archery no longer carries Scorpyd crossbows.

Since I have been window shopping for a crossbow, I sort of discovered this through Rich Wilson's "Death by Bunjie" youtube clips. Rich has recently replaced his Excalibur crossbow with a new Scorpyd Deathstalker 420. Scorpyd has just come out with a new crossbow a couple weeks ago called the Tremor, too. If Scorpyd dealerships don't exist, how does one test out a new model like the Tremor?

If Scorpyd has truly pulled their crossbows from their dealerships, they are being quite lame about it (not updating their website). Their website makes a bold claim about being dedicated to pro shops & independent dealers.

I hope this doesn't become a trend for other companies! Is this trend (cutting out the middle men) about more profits going directly back to the factory? Bypassing dealerships doesn't seem to be lowering Scorpyd crossbow prices.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Scorpyd Canada is still Scorpyd's International distributor up here.
I happen to know the guy, we go way back.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well my two scents, my wife is complicated, my hunting equipment is NOT. I don't think we should complain if the intentions are meant to be good for their customers and a bunch of stupid rules get in the way! :lol: :lol:

From the desk of the unintelligent society! :crazy:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:57 am
Well my two scents, my wife is complicated, my hunting equipment is NOT. I don't think we should complain if the intentions are meant to be good for their customers and a bunch of stupid rules get in the way! :lol: :lol:

From the desk of the unintelligent society! :crazy:
Dan...did you take this off Joe or Nancy's desk??? :wtf:
:lol: :wink: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AOC 🤣🤣
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
lituani

Post by lituani »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm
I currently have three. But if one of them were a Twinstrike, I'd own four :lol:

Hi, my name is Bob. I have an Excalibur problem.