May TWINSTRIKE GIVEAWAY - Thumbs Down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

May TWINSTRIKE GIVEAWAY - Thumbs Down

Post by colouredchameleon »

:shock:
I guess having this give away at this time is designed to exclude Ontario
( Home of Excalibur ) and anyone acting responsibly to help reduce the risk of contracting or spreading Covid 19 :shock:
Just image this event resulting in a News Making Headline as a Super Spreader Event. :eusa-naughty:

Number one requirement requires going to an Excalibur Dealer during May and test fire one in person.
With the Ontario Lockdown and Stay at Home Order in place makes this an impossible requirement to meet.
I guess someone at Excalibur has been out of touch with World News missed the fact that we are in the middle of a contagious pandemic .
I for one would pass :eusa-hand: handling / shooting a Twinstrike that has been handled by and shot over and over again by many difference individuals. Especially when each and everyone has their face and mouth / hands making contact repeating in the same location. :thumbdown: :shock:
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ihunt

Re: May TWINSTRIKE GIVEAWAY - Thumbs Down

Post by ihunt »

Well I live in Quebec as per rules I’m are Not allowed to participate!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
colouredchameleon

ihunt wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:16 am
I see that ! What gives it seems that there is an Quebec Exemption from Every draw or similar contest giveaways.
janesy

Post by janesy »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:09 pm
( Home of Excalibur ) and anyone acting responsibly to help reduce the risk of contracting or spreading Covid 19 :shock:
Just image this event resulting in a News Making Headline as a Super Spreader Event. :eusa-naughty:

Number one requirement requires going to an Excalibur Dealer during May and test fire one in person.
With the Ontario Lockdown and Stay at Home Order in place makes this an impossible requirement to meet.
I guess someone at Excalibur has been out of touch with World News missed the fact that we are in the middle of a contagious pandemic .
I for one would pass :eusa-hand: handling / shooting a Twinstrike that has been handled by and shot over and over again by many difference individuals. Especially when each and everyone has their face and mouth / hands making contact repeating in the same location. :thumbdown: :shock:
Other than the issue dealing directly with manufacturing... Do you really think BowTech has a clue what's going on in Ontario? When they have the bulk of their sales wide open south of the border why wouldn't they run this promotion?
Don't get me wrong I agreed with everything you've brought up. But this was not a decision coming from Kitchener, don't hold their feet to the fire.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

janesy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:39 am
colouredchameleon wrote:
Other than the issue dealing directly with manufacturing... Do you really think BowTech has a clue what's going on in Ontario? When they have the bulk of their sales wide open south of the border why wouldn't they run this promotion?
As to Bowtech not having a clue. I find it hard to believe they live in a bubble oblivious to what going on in their own backyard and the world around them. I also find it hard to believe that Excalibur in Kitchener is so far and completely out of the loop when it comes decisions that could risk a negative impact on the brand.
Unless they Bowtech are so far out of touch that they Do not Believe , understand or recognize the present risks associated with Covid 19 .
Although progress is being made there is still a long way to go here both in Canada and the USA with the vaccination programs on a whole.

"I say Thanks for the Offer but NO Thanks I will pass even if it was or will be possible to participate in Ontario especially for the risks it posses to anyone around me my community and for the health care system and workers that are already pushed to it limits. "
janesy

Post by janesy »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am
janesy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:39 am
colouredchameleon wrote:
As to Bowtech not having a clue. I find it hard to believe they live in a bubble oblivious to what going on in their own backyard and the world around them. I also find it hard to believe that Excalibur in Kitchener is so far and completely out of the loop when it comes decisions that could risk a negative impact on the brand.
Unless they Bowtech are so far out of touch that they Do not Believe , understand or recognize the present risks associated with Covid 19 .
Although progress is being made there is still a long way to go here both in Canada and the USA with the vaccination programs on a whole.

"I say Thanks for the Offer but NO Thanks I will pass even if it was or will be possible to participate in Ontario especially for the risks it posses to anyone around me my community and for the health care system and workers that are already pushed to it limits. "

Manufacturing, advertising and retail doesn't stop for a pandemic. Look around you, record sales in any and all recreational devisions of sales. Does that make it right, absolutely not. But that's the way it is. Ontario probably represents single digits or less as far as sales go for BowTech. There are more people is the US that don't know WHAT Ontario is, let alone where it is, than the entire population of Ontario 3 times over. I'm not saying BowTech USA(I am not including Kitchener in this statement in any way) doesn't know about Ontario or covid, I'm saying they don't care. CANADA is a side market for BowTech and every other player in the outdoor industry.
Regardless of the world conditions, if a consumer wants a product, the product will be provided. Simple as that.

I wouldn't be going to a range personally. But I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, the retail players that are able to bend to current conditions, are seeing uncharted growth to the point of not being sustainable.
Consumers want what they want, and they have developed an uncanny ability to warp their wants into essential needs. Agree or disagree, that's anyone perogative. But if Excalibur doesn't sell them a cross bow. 10 other happily will.

This is not on Excalibur. This is on the consumers. I've been watching it first hand average 250+ times a day every day for 13 months now. Although I personally agree and am 100% behind your reasoning and train of thought, I assure you a pretty large portion of Ontario's population is not. Or we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. :)
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

colouredchameleon wrote:

Things are apparently quite different in Canada. I visited an archery shop a couple months ago to have my compound bow cables/string replaced. I own a G5 Prime Impact which offers free lifetime cables/string replacement every two years. I have mine done every 3-4 years, but it requires a Prime dealer to order/install them for you.

While I was there, I had an opportunity to shoot a crossbow for the first time. They had a TwinStrike on hand, but I was interested in shooting the Mag 340. The TwinStrike & Mag 340 were the only new Excalibur they had in stock at the time. I was there almost two hours. The archery shop had about 8 shooting lanes. Those lanes were filled the entire time I was there. Most of the shooters were kids under age 16 with a parent. The place was super busy! You would never guess a pandemic was going on.

I could be wrong but in my neck of the woods (SW Wisconsin), people are continuing on with life. Public places still require masks, but I don't see that being enforced. I am part time behind-the-wheel driving instructor. I have been doing btw lessons since June of 2020. We wear masks while in the cars.

I received the TwinStrike give away & thought nothing of it. The only adults I know that aren't vaccinated are those who are choosing to not do it at this point. Although the current administration would like to take credit, the former administration's operation warp speed has been quite effective. I wouldn't hesitate to visit any store or archery shop in Wisconsin.

Having said all this, I get your point. How does someone participate in an area that's still under lock down? Maybe that question should be asked of Excalibur & someone could share the response with all of us. If it is a North American offer, it would be interesting to know.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:08 am
ihunt wrote:
I see that ! What gives it seems that there is an Quebec Exemption from Every draw or similar contest giveaways.
It seems that Quebec has it own laws regarding "contests". I suppose that it see contests as an attempt to "bribe" folks into submitting their personal information, in exchange for a slim to none "chance" of winning something. I can't say that I blame them. Perhaps they are trying to protect their citizens from themselves.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

First month or so everyone in my circle of family and friends here in MN was scared to go anywhere or visit anyone. Then after that first month or so it was pretty clear that this isn't going away anytime soon... So you do what you gotta do, take the right precautions, avoid the large groups, etc. I'm even one of those considered "at risk", but have and will continue to go into retail establishments. We all draw our line in different places, and can evaluate the risk ourselves like we do with nearly everything else in life. Good on Excal for not being afraid to have the contest, leave it up to the people if they want to participate or not.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Nowhere close enough to where we live in BC to accommodate this contest request even if I chose too...

Two Thumbs DOWN :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

IronNoggin wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:35 pm
Nowhere close enough to where we live in BC to accommodate this contest request even if I chose too...

Two Thumbs DOWN :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Nog
Same Here. if it was an online contest more people could enter
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:08 am
ihunt wrote:
Here in Quebec there are lots of laws to protect the consumer warranties which are some of the best in Canada, contests is also one of them as you have to register it is to prevent fraude like we had in the pass. There were lots and lots of complains about these contests so they decided to put an end to this.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
lituani

Post by lituani »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:16 pm
leave it up to the people if they want to participate or not.
That ^^^
colouredchameleon

lituani wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:51 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:16 pm
leave it up to the people if they want to participate or not.
That ^^^
Interesting really not sure how individual personal choice applies here in Ontario and for that matter in an increasing number of places across the country..

Here in Ontario for example "The Home of Excalibur"

The Ontario Provincial Wide Lock Down in place would mean Bow Shops would have to break the law inorder to let individual test fire a twinstrike to met the entry criteria.
Hence a $1000.00 fine for the businesses first infraction then up to $500,000 if they continue to defy the restrictions on Retail.
To that any individual ( customer ) involved may be fined $750.00 dollars first time then up to $100,000 if they are caught continuing to violate the restrictions.

Personal Choice is not an option

Stay Safe
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. That's what Grandma always said anyway.

I just can't thumb down an act of kindness or generosity especially in times like these.

Thank you Excalibur Crossbows for attempting to lift peoples spirits with a crossbow giveaway. The new Twinstrike is very cool and whoever wins it is a very lucky person.

Take care everyone and be safe
Hatchet