Just can't sit still!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Just can't sit still!

Post by xcaliber »

We started another project this week, and have made good progress thus far. We tore off our 30 year old deck, and cut down our amazingly tall DWARF pines, and this deck will also have a 12 x 12 pergola. Staying busy trying to stay young! :crazy: :crazy: If I don't get back to anyone right away in the next few weeks, I'm busy. :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/N5SdQkbz]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Re: Just can't sit still!

Post by AJ01 »

Dan...I'm glad to see you're staying busy!! :thumbup:
Those joist look stout!! :wink:

As for myself, I'm trying to wrap up painting about a mile of fence. Wooden, 4 board high fence. Both sides. Been raining so much, can't get the job wrapped up. Then I got a field that needs to be mowed. Plus a rather large Sweetgum Tree that needs to be cut down, and then cut up and hauled off.
I'll be busy until deer season!! :eusa-doh:

Yes...the joys of farm life!! :lol: :wtf: :lol:

I'll post some pics when I get back out to the place.

You be careful working. Remember...you ain't as "young" as you use to be!! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-doh: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 am
We started another project this week, and have made good progress thus far. We tore off our 30 year old deck, and cut down our amazingly tall DWARF pines, and this deck will also have a 12 x 12 pergola. Staying busy trying to stay young! :crazy: :crazy: If I don't get back to anyone right away in the next few weeks, I'm busy. :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/N5SdQkbz]Image
If you don't mind me asking, what's the going rate on a treated 2x8x12 down there?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

About $30. depending where you go and what you like. This is a tad more from a smaller company local to me, but their quality is top around here. You can get a better price when you buy bulk, but lumber is crazy high priced right now, and there are stock piles on the northern border??
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:20 am
About $30. depending where you go and what you like. This is a tad more from a smaller company local to me, but their quality is top around here. You can get a better price when you buy bulk, but lumber is crazy high priced right now, and there are stock piles on the northern border??
Interesting, after exchange that's about the same here.
There might be stock piles at the border, but there sure isn't north of it.
Is that a Jack Pine they treat down there?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That I don’t know, but here it’s qualified #2 grade treated lumber. The stock pile is on our side of the border and along miles of railroad lines. You can get information on that from the web. The government here is doing some crazy stuff, but we’ll keep politics out of this! :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Looking good Dan! I have a few projects that have been shelved because I can’t wrap my head around the idiotic prices! :thumbdown:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm
Looking good Dan! I have a few projects that have been shelved because I can’t wrap my head around the idiotic prices! :thumbdown:
Regrettably Don, it does not appear to me that the prices are going down any time soon. They may level off in the next couple years. But the lack of inflation over the last two decades on lumber has caught up to us.

In my experience, it will take a massive natural disaster or another economic collapse down South to drive the prices back down. But even then I doubt it will drop much.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:06 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm
Regrettably Don, it does not appear to me that the prices are going down any time soon. They may level off in the next couple years. But the lack of inflation over the last two decades on lumber has caught up to us.

In my experience, it will take a massive natural disaster or another economic collapse down South to drive the prices back down. But even then I doubt it will drop much.
Yep, as crazy as it sounds I think there are some very wealthy people cheering on inflation. Just take a peak at the south side of the border and ask yourself, what is all that lumber doing there just sitting, offloaded in the middle of nowhere! They are playing with goods and creating false shortages to manipulate our economies. I know some of you folks my age remember 13% interest on homes, and UP. Well, it's coming back around, and i don't think very slowly.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I bought a 4x8 sheet of advantec sub flooring last wk. for $63. 49 :shock:
WOW !! i'm glad i'm not building a house :thumbdown:

Dave :eusa-doh:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
janesy

Post by janesy »

Something to think about. If the purchase value of your truck, your crossbow, your clothes and your house has gone up on average 2.5-3 times since 2000.

Why would a 2x4x8 still be worth the same price is was 20 years ago? Contractors have been able to estimate the price of market setters, 2x4x8 and 1/2" plywood withing say, 30 cents for nearly 2 decades. With the only fluctuations coming after natural disasters that are all of the product, Texas flooding, New Orleans...

If you compounded 2.5% inflation to the price tag of a piece of lumber in 2000 to now ... We wouldn't be having this conversation.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:22 pm
Something to think about. If the purchase value of your truck, your crossbow, your clothes and your house has gone up on average 2.5-3 times since 2000.

Why would a 2x4x8 still be worth the same price is was 20 years ago? Contractors have been able to estimate the price of market setters, 2x4x8 and 1/2" plywood withing say, 30 cents for nearly 2 decades. With the only fluctuations coming after natural disasters that are all of the product, Texas flooding, New Orleans...

If you compounded 2.5% inflation to the price tag of a piece of lumber in 2000 to now ... We wouldn't be having this conversation.
Some would argue that the quality of the lumber hasn't improved since 2000 and some of the other objects have?
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:42 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Some would argue that the quality of the lumber hasn't improved since 2000 and some of the other objects have?
Valid point, but regardless what the lumber looks like, Without it you don't have your most valuable asset. Also, most lumber grades used for making housing isn't even graded for offering to the general public to purchase.

All the good stuff SPF anyway, goes to those who are willing to pay for it. Which is treating mills and engineering component manufacturers.

The best quality lumber, straight as a tree with no branches :wink:

But on a serious note, the market has dictated (advertised in fact) these prices and essentially cause their own demise. The softwood trade is at record high, yet mills are closing at record rates. For the last 20 years or more the drive from the retail market has basically be absorbed on the back end by nearly everyone else in the food chain to the point where it became too costly for them to manufacture plywoods and OSBs. While at the same time those products came into increased demand from engineering component manufacturers. So as the cost to produce continued to rise, and rise and rise... But the price of the end product never went up. Fast forward to right now. Everything else has gone up over the years. Cabinets, windows, doors, shingles. Everything except the stick inside the wall you never see again. Because that's all anyone every pays attention to is the price of the individual stick.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Anyway, Dan, sorry to Highjack good Sir!

The deck looks great, maybe one day I'll get to sit on it for a cold beverage.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Dan
Great looking project :thumbup:

Chris
All true..................I just wish we could find some lumber as straight as a tree down here. :crazy: :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads