USA National Peace Officers Memorial Day.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

USA National Peace Officers Memorial Day.

Post by AJ01 »

In 1962 President Kennedy set aside May 15th as National Peace Officers Memorial Day to honor all those who had given their lives in the line of duty.

Since 1962 more than 20,789 have been killed in the line of duty. 511 killed in 2019 alone.
It is a profession where young men die. It is a calling to protect and serve your fellow man.
You are not John Wayne, and this is not the movies.

I hope that you pause a moment today to "Thank" one of your local peace officers for the job that he or she does. They are just like you. They have families and friends. They feel. They laugh, they hurt and they cry. They are human.

I want to take this opportunity to "Thank Excalibur" for allowing me to post this on this site today. In a world gone mad, where insanity rules the day, I pray that we as a Nation, as a people, can find peace.

In over 2 decades in law enforcement, the most heart wrenching thing I ever had to do was hand a folded flag to a 10 year old boy and tell him how grateful we were for his father's service. I was in charge of the "Honor Guard". I knew that young man personally. Had been fishing and hunting with him and his dad. His dad was my friend.

Thank you for your time.
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Robinsons Rebel

Re: USA National Peace Officers Memorial Day.

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hope that anyone that lost a friend, or family member in the line of duty can uphold their fond memories forever. Lately, the media, and certain groups have tried to tarnish these brave men & women, and Thank God there are enough of us to Never let that happen!

Thanks to all that have served to protect the rest of us! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

These people are under appreciated and often under paid. Don't forget the women who serve also (my son is engaged to one). These women share the same risks and responsibilities. All of these people deserve our respect and gratitude.

Thank you AJ for calling this to our attention.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:07 pm
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
X2
:clap: :clap: :clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:44 pm
I hope that anyone that lost a friend, or family member in the line of duty can uphold their fond memories forever. Lately, the media, and certain groups have tried to tarnish these brave men & women, and Thank God there are enough of us to Never let that happen!

Thanks to all that have served to protect the rest of us! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Thanks for posting I’ve lost several friends over the years in the line of duty. I think about them all the time and they will never be forgotten.
My thoughts and prayers to all the families that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I have had to stretch the black band across my badge several times... it's a very hard thing to do.

I started Highway Patrol school on August the 14th, 1994 with 48 guys and girls... I think we graduated 43. We all knew that very few of us would make it the required 25 years to retirement for a variety reasons. By the good Lords grace, I made it. Most either quit early on or move on to another profession... two of my very best friends gave all...

Jeff Sloss, one of the first in our class to be promoted to Corporal, died because of the terrible things he endured in combat after being deployed.
John Nash, one of the first in our class to be a motor Trooper, died when a car pulled out in front of him while on patrol.

I miss you guys!!

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God"
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I have nothing but respect for those who wear or who have worn the badge. Today, more than ever your job has become thankless....my father (88) once told me a story about the time a police brought him home for doing something he wasn’t supposed to be doing....well my grandfather beat the crap 💩 out of my father before the officer 👮 spoke...once the officer 👮‍♀️ told my grandfather what my father did, he beat the crap out of him again....after THANKING the officer and upon him leaving my grandfather beat the 💩 out of him again....needless to say, my father learned his lesson and was never brought home by an officer again....boy have times changed!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

...once the officer 👮‍♀️ told my grandfather what my father did, he beat the crap out of him again....after THANKING the officer and upon him leaving my grandfather beat the 💩 out of him again....needless to say, my father learned his lesson and was never brought home by an officer again.
Not only did your dad learn his lesson, but he learned it so well that he passed that lesson onto you through his genes. :D
A seed doesn't fall far from the tree, and it reproduces similar fruit. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Much love and respect for all the good officers upholding their oath to the constitution...I have some members in my own family.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.