Matrix g340 and micro 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Matrix g340 and micro 355

Post by mikej »

Hey guys I’m looking to upgrade my bow , I’ve been and Excalibur shooter for years but I don’t know a lot about the new bows , the 2 models I’m considering are the g340 and the micro 355 , what are your thoughts on either as well as the specs for them ? Thanks
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Driftless hunter

Re: Matrix g340 and micro 355

Post by Driftless hunter »

mikej wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:18 am
Hey guys I’m looking to upgrade my bow , I’ve been and Excalibur shooter for years but I don’t know a lot about the new bows , the 2 models I’m considering are the g340 and the micro 355 , what are your thoughts on either as well as the specs for them ? Thanks
Obvious points (beyond speed difference) are the Matrix G340 would be 30.5 wide uncocked (shoots 18" Diablo arrows), & the Micro 355 would be 25" wide uncocked (shoots 16.5" Quill arrows).

I thought the Micro 355 has been replaced by the current Micro 360 TD? Many of the current models are offered as take down models now.

Just curious why you wouldn't consider the Mag 340, too?

If I was drawn to the Micro 360 TD ($1,100-1,300) but wanted to save some money, the Micro Mag 340 ($600-700) would be my first alternative consideration. These two crossbows are the same width & shoot the same Quill arrows. If you aren't interested in a TD model, you can save some money with the Mag 340. I am not saying a Matrix G340 ($550) isn't a good choice,too!

I am using pricing from -

https://borkholderarchery.com/product-category/crossbow-brands/excalibur/excalibur-crossbows/

I don't see the Micro 355 offered, but I am sure it can be found elsewhere.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

just my 2 cents worth, the micro 355 will be a bear to cock by hand. thinking the G340 would be better. I want a matrix 330 but don't have the money right now. just missed one on fleabay. I have a micro 315 and a matrix 380, I believe both have the same draw weights. I can cock by hand a few times target shooting, but get the crank out after a few shots. I'm 65 with one shoulder surgery done trying to get by without the other. I do have an Axiom to target shoot with, and hope to get a deer with it this year. Not sure your situation but just some things to think about. happy hunting!
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

You're in Canada, so a Mag 340 from Al Flaherty's would be the best bang for your buck: https://alflahertys.com/excalibur-micro-axe-crossbow-mobu-e73687/
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Just my humble opinion. I own a Micro 355. Love the bow. I have two buddies that one has a 360TD and one has a 340. They bought theirs after shooting mine. We are all shooting BEE's set-up by Dave at Wyvern's Creations. :wink:
If you just look at the targets, you CANNOT tell which bow shot what target. They all shoot great. All have basically the same features, it boils down to what YOU like!!! :thumbup:
The great thing about Excalibur bows is that you make make them like you want them. You can add "bells and whistles" or you can take them off. Buy the bow you like. Use it. You'll never be sorry. :thumbup:

Y'all be SAFE out there!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

:thumbup: :thumbup: to AJ. he absolutely right. don't have to go to shop fix it. make it what u want
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
janesy

Post by janesy »

Might be worth looking at a Suppressor. Seems like lots more of those made it to market compared to the 355 and they seem to end up on clearance some every couple months.

It's the same bow but in all camo and bulldog configuration.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mikej

Post by mikej »

What is bulldog configuration ? Thanks for the replies guys , that’s why I’m asking I’ve shot excels for years and was very familiar with them all but they only ever had 5 or so models now it’s seems there’s 50 choices
RobD

Post by RobD »

The Bullpup stocks have the trigger moved forward by a few inches. I believe the Matrix Bulldog series, the Micro Suppressor 355 and 400TD, and the Assassin 400TD and 420TD are the bows with the stock. Instead of the trigger being below the back end of the rail, it is moved forward. If you look at the pics of one of those models, you'll see the difference now that you know where to look.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

This is the Micro Suppressor Model with all the "bells and whistles". I don't know if they even make this model anymore, but I do see them for sale . :think:

To me, and I'm a fairly big guy at around 6'2, it fit's great in a tree stand or pop-up ground blind. The shorter stock configuration accommodates bulky winter type clothing without making the bow hard to shoulder. Placing the trigger forward in the frame makes it feel more balanced to me. But I'm sure that is personal preference.
You'll notice the trigger guard is large enough to accept a gloved finger. :thumbup:

And YES...that is a Boo Custom String!! :angel:

Too me this type of set-up is clearly a win! I've taken a number of deer with this bow since picking it up in 2017. It's my favorite. :mrgreen:

With all that said, I'll bet good money on the fact that no matter what Excalibur model you buy, you'll be pleased with it. I had another friend text me last night and tell me his NEW Micro Mag 340 will be in Friday. :eusa-dance:

I wish you success in your quest to find the "right bow". After that, I wish you all the success in the field that you can stand!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

From DEEP within the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!!
Your resident Redneck... :wink: :lol:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
mikej

Post by mikej »

Thanks again for the reply’s guys , went in a total opposite direction
RobD

Post by RobD »

Same direction, just getting it there as fast as possible!
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
mikej

Post by mikej »

Ya pretty much , can’t do it much faster I don’t think
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

mikej wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:03 pm
Thanks again for the reply’s guys , went in a total opposite direction
What does that mean exactly?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I believe he bought a used 440. :eusa-whistle:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!