Pro shot or triggertec

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Pro shot or triggertec

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:21 am
Honestly, nothing. Some folks like to customize their equipment, take it apart and learn the components etc. I have had one trigger turn gritty feeling on one of my bows and decided to swap it out and I thought the change did wonders. I became a believer after a few years, but I have to think that this new trigger from Excalibur addresses those issues and deserves another chance for me. I liked every stock trigger until I didn’t. I found some rust inside threads etc. on my newly acquired model and decided to start clean. These 200# models have great triggers from the factory, but time is the enemy. I want to kill what I decide to shoot without any hiccups. JMHO.
Dan, the trigger units use MoS2 and they should not get worse. Spraying things like WD40 or even dropping a lubricating oil can eventually remove that MoS2. MoS2 is there to prevent galling which is largely responsible for a trigger becoming gritty. MoS2 is also very good as a rust inhibitor.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hmmm. Well good thing I’m not in a pucker snatch come hunting season.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I thunk it over, and for like $60 it's worth it anyway. Gonna order one tonight. Thanks for the tip Boo! :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks again Boo, it is REQUIRED! Now, if you're bow has an ADF Scope Mount, you're good to go since the hold down spring is mounted to the scope mount underneath! You could drill & tap the trigger, but throw the warranty away! :eusa-think:

[url=https://postimg.cc/ThWfK7Hm]Image
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 pm
Thanks again Boo, it is REQUIRED! Now, if you're bow has an ADF Scope Mount, you're good to go since the hold down spring is mounted to the scope mount underneath! You could drill & tap the trigger, but throw the warranty away! :eusa-think:

[url=https://postimg.cc/ThWfK7Hm]Image
You can also drill and tap the scope mount and move the hold down spring from the trigger to the scope mount. I had to do that to my 355. But I can't remember why.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

True, that could have been an option. I also heard that someone cut the ADF length to accommodate a Nikon Bolt. I'm not actually working on it right now, but trying to get some time. Eldest Daughter, 3 weeks to 4 before delivery, youngest just moved to another home, and it's time to get the boat ready. :lol: :lol:

Will get on this soon folks now that I have the parts. I do want to hunt this fall with her for a few reasons, but mainly because I can still. :eusa-think:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/JGCJ3XcJ]Image
These weaver medium rings will leave about 1/16 of an inch clearance with a bolts bell l love them.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/75sfRJ7K]Image
You guys know how l "fix" an adf scope mount they need to shed some weight.
Dan l cut the scope mount back on my Phoenix but lt looks kinda weird so l didn't do it on the vortex.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/1VVTq3Nm]Image
Cut mount...didn't look right to me
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan, I forgot. Using that ADF, it moves the arrow retainer forward. I forget which bow input an ACP trigger unit into but I ended up using a short arrow retainer.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks guys. Hoping to get on this soon, will post final pictures then. Nice work Joe, looking good! I have some medium height rings from Leupold that should work. I’m trying to empty out a bin full of crossbow goodies. :problem:
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 am
Thanks guys. Hoping to get on this soon, will post final pictures then. Nice work Joe, looking good! I have some medium height rings from Leupold that should work. I’m trying to empty out a bin full of crossbow goodies. :problem:
This is on the relayer right Dan?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:31 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 am
This is on the relayer right Dan?
Yes. I’m going to try to get that part done next week in case I need a shorter retainer.