Which Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

Re: Which Scope

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I'm happy with my deadzone. it has proven accurate out to 42 yds for me. I have a dlx on the matrix 380, really like it. tact zone on the axiom. so far so good. looking at the nikons tho. still waiting on reviews on Overwatch scope.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Update... Well. I went with the Hawke XB (fixed 3x) As mentioned in the replies that I received, simplicity, rugged, and reliability, are the main thing... I do not need all the bells and whistles, a Scope with a name that I can not pronounce, or that costs 2 paychecks! This will be the first time, in the 10 years that I have been shooting an x-bow that I used a scope. I have always used a red-dot in the past... Thanks to all of you that replied. :thumbup:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

jody5252 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:37 pm
Update... Well. I went with the Hawke XB (fixed 3x) As mentioned in the replies that I received, simplicity, rugged, and reliability, are the main thing... I do not need all the bells and whistles, a Scope with a name that I can not pronounce, or that costs 2 paychecks! This will be the first time, in the 10 years that I have been shooting an x-bow that I used a scope. I have always used a red-dot in the past... Thanks to all of you that replied. :thumbup:
Sounds like a good choice!

I know Mission uses Hawke XB1 scopes on their crossbows, but I believe it's a variable one (1.5 - 5 X).
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Vortex crossfire 2 crossbow scope. Great value for the $!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

jody5252 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:37 pm
Let us know how you like the Hawke. I have one on my HW95L pellet rifle and it has been excellent so far. Hawke CS is outstanding and I rate them right up there with LL Bean. I have the Nikon Bolt Xr on my Equinox which is also a great scope BUT Nikon has exited the scope business. What rings have you decided to use?
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by wheelsquad on Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 am
Where are y’all ordering all these Nikon P3scopes from since Nikon is out of scope business?
A couple Nikon P3's just got listed on the cbn market place. Snag em before they're gone.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Finally found a good deal on a new Hawke 1.5-6x36 XB30 Compact Crossbow Scope =.
Been searching for some time now.

My buddies that were going in on a group buy option got tired of waiting, and proceeded without me.
They ended up coughing around $ 450.00 Canadian per scope delivered.
Found mine at less than $ 300.00 delivered.
Pays to have patience methinks.

Been running with a Hawke XB 30 Compact since I got the Matrix 380.
Damn TOUGH scope, has battle scars all over it yet has never lost it's zero.
Works fine, and I like it as a consequence.

But their new offering has a larger objective lens (more light at dusk thank-you)
And lighted Chevrons right out to 100 yards (whereas the older one only lights up to 60 yards).
It will be a rather interesting experience to compare the two.

Cheer,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I rescoped all my bows with the vortex Crossfire II crossbow scope. I like the 30mm tube and so far they have worked great for me. They seem to be well built and of high quality at a good price point.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical