String wax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: String wax

Post by Boo »

I forgot to address the deck statement. All I do is to spray a microfibre cloth with silicone spray and rub it down to get rid of anything stuck to it like wax, grit etc. I flip the cloth over and clean the silicone off. It adds some lubricity to the deck as well as removes anything abrasive.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
frisky

Post by frisky »

You said the serving separated and broke. Where? Front side or the back? Welcome to the forum.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:54 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:59 am
The V6 Taco got 16 mpg combined and the V8 Tundra gets 14.6 combined, :eusa-think:
I'm pretty sure it takes 14.6L to start the Tundra. :lol: Fantastic trucks, but fuel economy is not what they are best known for.
I tell folks all the time..."My Tundra will pass anything on the highway...except a gas station"!!! :lol: :eusa-doh: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Two recent long road trips up North both being 1800 km (or 1125 miles ) had me smiling at the fuel pump. My 2021 F150 2.7 L Crew Cab 4x4 returned generous fuel economy at 25 MPG and 26 MPG on both trips. That's with about and extra 300 lb gear on board.

The twin turbo 2.7 L has generous power down low at 400 TQ and HP is at 325. The 10 speed transmission doesn't miss a beat and the 36 gallon tank gives about a 900 mile range.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

I would say the serving broke on the backside.
Excalibur micro suppresser 400td, 16.5 inch zombie slayers, slik trik 150 gr. crossbow broadheads
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Toyotun04 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:55 pm
Hello everyone, I'm new to crossbows. Can I use excalibur serving wax to wax my string? I've been using string snot that I bought when got my suppresser 400. The archery shop that I bought at said use it on string and rail, but serving. He actually said do nothing to serving. I been on youtube and spoke to a guy at excalibur, he said lightly wax servings not even worry about rail. What's your all idea/ thoughts? Thanks
I bought a bottle of the silicone that Boo suggested but I havent used it yet because Im wanting to replace my trigger before I continue shooting.
I guess using something is better than nothing imo. Best of luck
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
frisky

Post by frisky »

If your serving broke on backside, there is a chance you are overcocking it. Pulling it after if is cocked may cut the serving against the trigger unit. Listen for the click saying that it is cocked pull no more. Just a thought.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

My new serving broke earlier today, basically the same place. I was 15 shots in on the new serving. I went and purchased a new excalibur string, waxed the serving lightly, waxed the string, and I'm 20 shots in keeping an eye on the serving and brace height. We'll see. Thank you to everyone for your knowledge.
Excalibur micro suppresser 400td, 16.5 inch zombie slayers, slik trik 150 gr. crossbow broadheads
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

I'm now 40 shots in on new string. Showing a little wear, I don't think it's abnormal wear. When I put string on I only put 2 twists in it and was quarter inch away from bumpers. Took 20 shots yesterday afternoon after waxing serving and string. Checked brace height before bed and it was creeping. So put 3 more twists to get back to quarter inch. After thinking this morning, went ahead and put 5 more twists in it before shooting 20 shots. Brace height holding just over quarter inch from bumpers. Starting to think when I bought the crossbow string wasn't twisted enough, making serving loose. Causing premature breaking. After getting it reserved with wrong material, also causing pre mature breakage. Think my trigger latches might be okay. Time will tell. Planning another 20 this afternoon. Have a great safe holiday! :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:
Boo

Post by Boo »

With a new factory endless loop string it should be twisted up to start about 1/2" away from the bumpers. That is somewhere between 18 and 20 turns. Make sure you twist it in the correct direction. Take one end off and while looking at the end, counter clockwise will shorten the string and tighten up the serving.
Have fun!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

Im having fun, thank you all for your help and knowledge.