Black eagle/dragon claw

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Black eagle/dragon claw

Post by Ankh »

Are the arrows in the title the same? Looking at wyvern for 6 -12 arrows with lumenok. Also, are the zombie slayers better/worse. Thanks for the input.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
DuckHunt

Re: Black eagle/dragon claw

Post by DuckHunt »

I believe the Dragon Claw is the same carbon as the Black Eagle Executioners. They should work fine out of your Micro 335.

The Black Eagle Zombie Slayers are a bit stiffer. I use them (or Spynal Tapps) in all my Micros. I'm sure others with more experience with Executioners or Dragon Claws will weight in.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

I'm also open to other arrow suggestions and makers/sellers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Ankh wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 pm
Are the arrows in the title the same? Looking at wyvern for 6 -12 arrows with lumenok. Also, are the zombie slayers better/worse. Thanks for the input.
I get mine from Wyvern's. Dave will fix you up!! I shoot a Micro 355. Black Eagles. Killed 4 deer last season. Works for me.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I use only Zombie Slayers in all my crossbows. Corssbows are not like vert bows in that you need a certain spine to clear the riser. So the stiffer the better. They stabilize quickly and penetrate better. Zombies are about the stiffest I have seen. Gold Tip Nitro Pros are pretty good as well but I find Black Eagle to be a bit better on quality control. Have used Easton FMJs but the Al component of them can still bend...so I have moved on from them.....even though I like the 14GPI weight. I wish BE made a high GPI arrow
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Thanks everyone. I found some older threads on this topic that were very helpful as well. I just placed an order with Wyvern for the zombie slayers.