Got ticked

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Got ticked

Post by W.Miguire »

Woke up yesterday and had a itch on my leg checked it out and found this little guy sucking away . Got the tweezers and pulled him out . Called the Dr. and she gave me some aintibiotics . Just hope I got it in time. Went all turkey season without a problem . Sprayed my hunting clothes, and cut the grass once and got bit .
AJ01

Re: Got ticked

Post by AJ01 »

I've been lucky so far!! Knock on wood!! No ticks on me!!
Did find one on my dog yesterday, but it was real small. And she gets the stuff that "supposed" to repel fleas and ticks!!!
They are everywhere!! :roll:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hope you are okay Bill, I hate those little things!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I think we got it in time , the ring is gone . The good thing is the wife don’t care if the grass get cut 🤣
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I use this place to test them....I'd rather not take the Doxycycline if I don't have to.

https://www.tickreport.com/
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

They are crazy bad up at our trailer this year. We use spray and have not had one yet. Other families do not spray and they have all had ticks in the last month.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm
They are crazy bad up at our trailer this year. We use spray and have not had one yet. Other families do not spray and they have all had ticks in the last month.
I had 2 ticks from my place one year and have been using tick tubes since. Haven’t had a tick since.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I do nothing in the outdoors anymore without protective clothing, or sprays. After my buddies son found one under the whacker sack & developed Lymes disease, I'm very careful. We all know my wife is going to kill me some day! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm
janesy wrote:
I had 2 ticks from my place one year and have been using tick tubes since. Haven’t had a tick since.
Don,
how large of area do you use these on :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Don,
I put them in the tree line about every 6' to 10'. It really does seem to work. When you read about tick tubes, it makes sense. I put some in my barn and the mice removed the cotton after a week. I use toilet paper rolls and cotton balls but next year I'll use dryer lint as well as cotton balls. I get my kids to save the rolls for me. Permethrin is pretty cheap when you see how much you actually use. The whole thing doesn't cost much.
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
I sprayed the tree line with permethrin at my place and killed all the fireflies. Not one showed up for over a month. Won't do that again.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:03 pm
Deaf jeff wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Don,
I put them in the tree line about every 6' to 10'. It really does seem to work. When you read about tick tubes, it makes sense. I put some in my barn and the mice removed the cotton after a week. I use toilet paper rolls and cotton balls but next year I'll use dryer lint as well as cotton balls. I get my kids to save the rolls for me. Permethrin is pretty cheap when you see how much you actually use. The whole thing doesn't cost much.
stuffing paper rolls with cotton and soaking cotton with perm, easy as that :thumbup: gonna have to try this. will be a lot cheaper than buying from thermacell, just have to watch my "get into everything" fur babies closer. thanks for the info, sir :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You should be ok bill you got it early that's a good thing.
I sprayed my self and clothes real good the other day when l pulled the 2 turkey blinds they were literally jumping on me but then jumping off.
People who say ticks only get on you from the grass are total morons.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm
janesy wrote:
I sprayed the tree line with permethrin at my place and killed all the fireflies. Not one showed up for over a month. Won't do that again.
We use Piactive bug spray. And the kid version. I can't say with any certainty that it works, but so far we are the only ones not getting ticks. Been using it for a few years now.
We don't spray the fields. It's a 200 acres cattle ranch where we have the trailer parked. It's pointless to broadcast spray.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Look at the tics on these deer's ears at the Crush feeder in SE Iowa. https://www.carbontv.com/cams/live-and-up-close-with-the-crush-cam
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)