Vixen v.s. Exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

There is no such thing as "overkill".....
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

If you plan on doing a lot of moose hunting, I would suggest the Exocet. I'm sure the Vixen will work, but often it's the extra confidence from the added KE. If I remember correctly I'm getting somewhere between 80-85ftlbs of KE with my current setup.

You don't have to get all the accessories right away. I started with the fiber-optic sights, rope cocking aid, wax and quiver. With these items you will be ready to go hunting. Save some money, as I had too, and get yourself the other gear next year. If it's in the back of your mind that you really want an Exocet, you'll kick yourself later.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I own all three Ohio Legal Bows and I hunt only with the vixen for Ohio deer. I remember seeing pictures of Bernard Horton with big big moose shot in the early 80's with his "safari magnum" crossbow-the first plastic based stock with a 125 pound 12" draw recurve.

still on big moose I would use the heavier bows

remember-a heavier bow is for heavier game-not for trying to shoot light deer and long ranges
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Congrats ,good choice.. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star