Before and After PICS!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

-sro-

Before and After PICS!

Post by -sro- »

Followed the advise given to me about painting bows and I think it turned out great! I would have liked to have gone with a darker brown, and maybe I will add some color contrast to it. Im interested to see how the paint holds up after shooting and hunting for a season.

Also does anyone know where to get replacement string stops (the rubber portion that the string hits when fired? Thanks)

https://postimg.cc/SJj4XB85

https://postimg.cc/fSLG9d3X
Boo

Re: Before and After PICS!

Post by Boo »

It certainly looks better than poop brown! Pretty good actually!
I can't tell for sure which stops you have. If the rubber sits on a straight shaft then it is a pretty common rubber bumper used in compound vertical bows that you can get from Danny Miller
Miller. If it isn't you can get them from a well stocked Excalibur dealer and maybe Danny Miller as well 740 483 2312
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

No I see in on my laptop. You have an STS and the shaft that holds the rubber bumpers are 3/8" which are a standard string stop for vertical compound bows. You'll want to make sure that the rod doesn't bottom out in the hole of the bumper and that the string doesn't get too close to the bumpers. Either condition will cause the bumper to get cut and eventually cut the string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

I like that, looks like Coyote Tan my favorite cerakote colour
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme