2021 Camera Pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

2021 Camera Pics

Post by DuckHunt »

For those that leave their cameras out year round, or already have them out, what are you seeing out there? I spent a couple of hours cleaning trails today and pulled these off of my cameras.

This one looks a little plump...

And this guy is certainly on top of the early hit list. With the trash on the one antler, he may be a 7x4.

Like last year, my first fawn photo was the last week of May.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
elkaholic

Re: 2021 Camera Pics

Post by elkaholic »

I enjoyed your pics.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

is that a root ball on a blown over tree? I had a couple in my woods and everything that comes along has to check it out.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:24 pm
is that a root ball on a blown over tree? I had a couple in my woods and everything that comes along has to check it out.
Good eye. Yes, that's exactly what it is. It was a really big oak tree that was just off the trail we walk in on. When I clear our trail, the game use it like a highway. Deer cross our trail right at this rootwad as well, so it's like a crossroads.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

DuckHunt wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:46 am
Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:24 pm
Good eye. Yes, that's exactly what it is. It was a really big oak tree that was just off the trail we walk in on. When I clear our trail, the game use it like a highway. Deer cross our trail right at this rootwad as well, so it's like a crossroads.
critters are just like us humans and like the path of least resistance. sunlight making it to the ground can do wonders
nice pics :!: just put my cams out
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

That Bear is as fat as a Butterball Turkey!!! :lol:
That Buck aught to be a real dandy by fall!! Hope you see him opening morning! :thumbup:

Put cameras out 2 weeks ago. I'll check them tomorrow. Been having "Hog Issues" on one property. This will give me a chance to see what I'm up against.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Image.

Parasitic worm infection. Wildlife Biologist said may correct itself. Might be fatal.
My local Warden said he’s never seen anything like it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:17 pm
Image.

Parasitic worm infection. Wildlife Biologist said may correct itself. Might be fatal.
Based on the deer's body weight, I'd say things aren't looking good. There appears to be a lot of green out there for it to be so thin.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

DuckHunt wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:13 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Image.

Based on the deer's body weight, I'd say things aren't looking good. There appears to be a lot of green out there for it to be so thin.
That particular feeder is on the edge of a hay field. TONS of greenery to feast on.
Texas Parks and Wildlife called me back late yesterday evening. The picture evidently has made it's round thru TPWD. Said that one of the Biologist said it was an "Arterial Worm Infection", which is rare, but fatal. That's what has caused the large growth on her neck and ears. The tissue of the throat and neck swell to the point that the animal cannot swallow, thus starving to death.
I was told to go ahead and "cull her", and when I did so, to let them know cause they wanted to autopsy the deer.
So far, she is the only case of it I have seen.
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:31 am
DuckHunt wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:13 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Image.

That particular feeder is on the edge of a hay field. TONS of greenery to feast on.
Texas Parks and Wildlife called me back late yesterday evening. The picture evidently has made it's round thru TPWD. Said that one of the Biologist said it was an "Arterial Worm Infection", which is rare, but fatal. That's what has caused the large growth on her neck and ears. The tissue of the throat and neck swell to the point that the animal cannot swallow, thus starving to death.
I was told to go ahead and "cull her", and when I did so, to let them know cause they wanted to autopsy the deer.
So far, she is the only case of it I have seen.
Interesting
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Geeze...nature is cruel 😢 sometimes
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Nature is, at times extremely cruel in the eyes of man. But nature is just nature. It's like the old saying; "Survival of the Fittest"! :eusa-think:

Nature culls out those who usually have a genetc flaw of some sort. Nature does not harbor any ill will towards any one individual or group.
I was in and around Yellowstone (Jackson Hole), during the fires back in the mid to late 80's that savaged the Tetons outside Jackson Hole toward the park itself.
No telling how many animals perished in that fire.
Jackson Hole is home to the National Elk Refuge. Elk leave the surrounding countryside to travel to the safety of the refuge. How many of those Elk died due to those fires?
Who knows.

But...that's nature. She can be a cruel Mistress.
Never think you can outsmart her or beat her. Sometimes she teaches those who think that way brutal lesson.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm liking the growth these last two weeks have provided. The end of the right beam clearly has four points and everything is gaining length.
I also noticed a protrusion from the left brow which makes me believe it may split. With the trash on the right base, who knows what this buck will end up with. Right now, it looks like 12 points is a possibility. Clearly he's my primary target this season, because nothing else I've seen on camera is anywhere close.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 pm
I'm liking the growth these last two weeks have provided. The end of the right beam clearly has four points and everything is gaining length.
I also noticed a protrusion from the left brow which makes me believe it may split. With the trash on the right base, who knows what this buck will end up with. Right now, it looks like 12 points is a possibility. Clearly he's my primary target this season, because nothing else I've seen on camera is anywhere close.
Duck...that's gonna be a REALLY nice buck!! I'm jealous!!! :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:07 am
DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 pm
Duck...that's gonna be a REALLY nice buck!! I'm jealous!!! :lol:
Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!