You guys who don't check

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

You guys who don't check

Post by Boo »

You guys who don't align or check their broadheads for alignment should.
Just bumped into this knock off and ordered it.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083YVDMR5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_PNKNEV0TYKM3VDST1PYE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Re: You guys who don't check

Post by grouse »

I'm confused. The post seems to be about broadhead alignment but the device at the Amazon website seems to be for detecting deviation from straightness on the shaft.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I spin test every head, fixed or mechanical. I also shoot every arrow in my quiver before hitting the woods. I don’t index arrows, ever!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

grouse wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:35 pm
I'm confused. The post seems to be about broadhead alignment but the device at the Amazon website seems to be for detecting deviation from straightness on the shaft.
When you spin an arrow all its deviations from straightness show themselves. You can do much about a shaft as a diy'r, but more often than not the Broadhead itself is not aligned to the shaft itself. When you spin an arrow with a Broadhead on it, if the head is not aligned the shaft will wobble on the spinner. To fix this, you slightly loosen the head and bend it by the tip against the direction it's out and eventually when you respin it the whole arrow will spin true.

When you hear "align" a Broadhead many think you are referring to the blades and vanes. But in fact it's the head to the shaft
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

grouse wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:35 pm
This will explain better

https://youtu.be/__duPM7CfrA
grouse

Post by grouse »

I get it now.
axiom
350 SE
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Amazon link is for the lowest priced spinner I've ever seen. There's no reason for this spinner to cost nearly twice that from Pine Ridge Archery. So I bought one and will compare this one to the Pine Ridge and the Firenock tool.
You do not have to loosen the broadhead. If I tighten Slick Tricks in an arrow using needle nose pliers as tight as I can get it, it doesn't take much pressure to move the broadhead. It takes surprisingly little pressure. It is so little that dropping the arrow will put the alignment out.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:37 am
The Amazon link is for the lowest priced spinner I've ever seen. There's no reason for this spinner to cost nearly twice that from Pine Ridge Archery. So I bought one and will compare this one to the Pine Ridge and the Firenock tool.
You do not have to loosen the broadhead. If I tighten Slick Tricks in an arrow using needle nose pliers as tight as I can get it, it doesn't take much pressure to move the broadhead. It takes surprisingly little pressure. It is so little that dropping the arrow will put the alignment out.
So the link does not work for me…what is the name of the cheap arrow spinner please?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hillcountry wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
Boo wrote:
So the link does not work for me…what is the name of the cheap arrow spinner please?
I just did an Amazon.com search for Arrow Inspector Spinner
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Arrow+Inspector+Spinner&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Make sure when you spin your arrows that the logo isn't hitting a roller. It can cause you to see a little wobble that isn't real. Different manufacturers have different thickness logos.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:44 am
Hillcountry wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
Boo wrote:
I just did an Amazon.com search for Arrow Inspector Spinner
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Arrow+Inspector+Spinner&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Thank you!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Boo

Post by Boo »

I got mine from Amazon today and checked the runout at the wheel. It read 9 thou runout so I am returning it.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

.009 " Don you could practically measure that with a tape measure . :shock: :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Am pondering the wisdom of buying the cheapest “ inspection tool”🧐😂😂😂
Boo

Post by Boo »

It looks identical to the Pine Ridge tool that is nearly twice the price but works perfectly. So your right Paul, you gotta wonder about half price garbage.