Micro longer bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

redfin

Micro longer bolts

Post by redfin »

I hunt two states. For legal hunting here in ct, i need 18 inch bolts in my micro 355 instead of the standard 16.5” quills. In nys the 16.5” quill is fine. I am all dialed in with the 16.5 and 150 grains up front. Can someone recommend a particular bolt that should keep me dialed in the same. I can easily drop BH weight to 125 or 100 if need be. I will be testing whatever is recommended just looking to be pointed in the right direction. I have to believe someone has being through this before.
xcaliber

Re: Micro longer bolts

Post by xcaliber »

The difference in weight depends on the weight of the carbon. If you are using Black Eagles an inch is 9.1 grains with Zombie Slayers and 9.0 if using Executioners. So an inch and a half means about 13 grains. I didn’t adjust anything and went from 100 grains to 125 grains on my setup with very little difference to 40 yards, I think the drop was right around an inch at 40 yards and 2.5” at 50.
Will mention this was a 380 matrix
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
redfin

Post by redfin »

I am using the BE quills. I will try the ZS’s then. I was worried about the plus 1.5 inches and what that does to the spine. If no one else chimes in I will give those a shot. Thankyou
Boo

Post by Boo »

1.5" will not significantly effect your spine.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
redfin

Post by redfin »

Roger that! I will give it hose a shot. Thankyou.