Moose hunting in Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Naters113

Moose hunting in Ontario

Post by Naters113 »

I know a lot of you are from Ontario and have hunted moose before, I hope that you don't mind a couple northern michiganders joining you with our Excaliburs for bow season. I also am from an area where a lot of people travel to come and hunt so sharing the hunting is a bit of a double edged sword but I hope you don't mind us there for a week. We have a cow tag for this season and have been researching tirelessly and even had a phone call with one of the board members here which was so kind and helpful. We are trying to understand if calling will help us attract a cow as we are under the impression that some cow moose also get territorial so that calling may be helpful in our journey. Is calling helpful? If so, what calls are most effective? How long before you move to another spot after calling? What type of call would you buy and where? Thanks for the tips guys, my buddy and I are so excited to have a week in Ontario where we can just be a part of nature, just seeing a moose will be a win in our book. Take Care.

Nate
Boo

Re: Moose hunting in Ontario

Post by Boo »

Tremps01 and Munch both hunt yearly and are successful hunters. They are both super nice guys and will help you out. The only issue you may have is that Tremps's first language is French so you have to go slow. Much is from Otterville which says it all! But not nearly as bad as coming from Tilbury where I'm sure they make banjos! :mrgreen:
If you have trouble getting to them let me know.
Tremps01/Marcel https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=46983
Munch/Terry https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3560
Some people just like stepping on rakes
munch

Post by munch »

I’m not sure how you got a moose tag In Ontario you normally have to hunt threw an outfitter and are required to stay in their camp while hunting .if by chance one of you is Canadian that’s fine but if the other is a non resident you may find yourself in hot water .
What area are you hunting
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Don what you got agin me makin Banjo's ! ?? :lol: