Re: Ruuut rooo

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:39 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:32 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:57 am

Ive had my Micro 335 since the first pre-production run and have had exactly 1 limb issue. To say "never ending" is a lot of an overstatement. So far in 4 years exactly zero issues with my Micro 355.
So you single me out fer this crap. I have had 3 Mico's 2 Kept having limb issues the 355 the rail was bent n canted like it had been run over. Now i am glad you have not had but the one broken limb. Really wish you had not had it. My mileage differed from yourn. But it was real n you can jump up a wild man's azz!
....Hey Mike....both you and Keith are good people....only difference is you had many issues (as did other people. I went through 3 sets on my Nightmare 335 gen1....2 sets at Boofest in front of the execs) and others did not.....since the limbs were changed 3 times it has been solid as they come.....no need to try to beat each other up!....life is too short!
Thank You Anthony!! :thumbup:
"Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of GOD". :angel:

Personally I bought my Micro 355 Suppressor in 2017 I believe...had one issue with a splinter. Cut and sanded the splinter and shot the bow 2 more years before replacing the limbs. Now I carry an "extra pair" just in case. :thumbup:

It doesn't matter what you buy. There is good and bad in EVERYTHING...and EVERYONE...that's why we have prisons filled to capacity. Poverty, drug addiction, human trafficking...I hope someone who reads this here gets the point. ***LIFE AIN'T PERFECT!!!
If it was there would be no junkyards, graveyards or a need for prisons!

I don't think anyone was aiming at anyone. At least I would like to hope not. :eusa-naughty: Perhaps sometimes we all need to be a little "thicker skinned", if you ask me. :eusa-doh: After all, ain't we supposed to be adults here?? :eusa-think:

JMHO
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Remember the guy that performed his own trigger job that was chastised, tared and feathered and interrogated , that pesky joe the trouble maker ,the lightspeed guy ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chumly I forget his name it's all good! Fun times on the forum no need to take shots at people's limbs.Crossbow parts are personal to people.
Now I'm in kangaroo court for mentioning the pizza boxes.....can't wait till hunting season.
Feel free to make fun of my long possibly obsolete exo limbs...l can take it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:14 am
I always enjoyed the bunji episodes l watched from. The start l hope they don't sway too far from their roots.
When they start African hunting ....they will loose me.
I assume there is only so much to talk about and they have to keep coming up with new material to keep viewers it's the youtube way.
They sold a lot of people on the simplicity and quality of our beloved excalibur recurves.
I discovered Rich & "Death by Bunji" when I became interested in Excalibur crossbows last winter.

For those who don't follow them - The Micro (355 I believe) "Bunji Junior" was given to the family as a gift last summer. A follower of their youtube broadcasts had it mailed to them unannounced. Rich's daughter took a liking to it, & it hooked her on hunting. I liked her hunts last year the most. Her getting hooked to crossbow hunting is cool, regardless of the recent broken limb.

Bunji the Third (Scorpyd Deathstalker 420) was also given to them a few months ago. Rich could have bought whatever he wanted, but I think the Scorpyd won him over.

Ironically, his daughter used the Deathstalker 420 to kill her hog this past weekend, and Rich pulled Bunji out (of short retirement) to shoot his hog (@ 40 yards). This was their annual "Meat & Greet" event if interested.

I enjoy Rich & his daughter on You Tube. I read Rich's book "Death by Bunji" during the past spring turkey season. Two of my three birds were shot around lunch time. Thus, I had some long morning sits & plenty of time to read!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:54 pm
Remember the guy that performed his own trigger job that was chastised, tared and feathered and interrogated , that pesky joe the trouble maker ,the lightspeed guy ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chumly I forget his name it's all good! Fun times on the forum no need to take shots at people's limbs.Crossbow parts are personal to people.
Now I'm in kangaroo court for mentioning the pizza boxes.....can't wait till hunting season.
Feel free to make fun of my long possibly obsolete exo limbs...l can take it.
Joe...you are such a trouble maker!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:25 am
longbow joe wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:14 am
I always enjoyed the bunji episodes l watched from. The start l hope they don't sway too far from their roots.
When they start African hunting ....they will loose me.
I assume there is only so much to talk about and they have to keep coming up with new material to keep viewers it's the youtube way.
They sold a lot of people on the simplicity and quality of our beloved excalibur recurves.
I discovered Rich & "Death by Bunji" when I became interested in Excalibur crossbows last winter.

For those who don't follow them - The Micro (355 I believe) "Bunji Junior" was given to the family as a gift last summer. A follower of their youtube broadcasts had it mailed to them unannounced. Rich's daughter took a liking to it, & it hooked her on hunting. I liked her hunts last year the most. Her getting hooked to crossbow hunting is cool, regardless of the recent broken limb.

Bunji the Third (Scorpyd Deathstalker 420) was also given to them a few months ago. Rich could have bought whatever he wanted, but I think the Scorpyd won him over.

Ironically, his daughter used the Deathstalker 420 to kill her hog this past weekend, and Rich pulled Bunji out (of short retirement) to shoot his hog (@ 40 yards). This was their annual "Meat & Greet" event if interested.

I enjoy Rich & his daughter on You Tube. I read Rich's book "Death by Bunji" during the past spring turkey season. Two of my three birds were shot around lunch time. Thus, I had some long morning sits & plenty of time to read!
They are fun and entertaining!! Rich is well spoken, and has passed on a bunch of information, especially for folks just getting started crossbow hunting!! I too follow them on YouTube!! :thumbup:
ALL Hail Bunjie!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

vixenmaster wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:28 pm
Micro's are a small platform, i had 3 of them. The never ending limb issues just got to me. I think maybe the 315 n that area would be less stress on the limbs. I will never own another of them. I have the BD360 it seems to be under less limb stress n there fore a better platform in my opinion.
Ive had my Micro 335 since the first pre-production run and have had exactly 1 limb issue. To say "never ending" is a lot of an overstatement. So far in 4 years exactly zero issues with my Micro 355.
So you single me out fer this crap. I have had 3 Mico's 2 Kept having limb issues the 355 the rail was bent n canted like it had been run over. Now i am glad you have not had but the one broken limb. Really wish you had not had it. My mileage differed from yourn. But it was real n you can jump up a wild man's azz!
Well...thanks for that wonderful reply. True colors showing, I think......

Just look at "whut yew rote".... you are the one who decided "less stress" makes everything better and the whole Micro platform with the exception of the 315 is trash.....I simply disagreed and gave you my reasons why...IMO nothing wrong with the Micro platform.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

Although I do enjoy Death by Bunji for what it is. I have watched a lot of them and really truly appreciate the effort he puts into it, as a self filmed hunt is downright hard. BUT, I have heard on numerous occasions advice given on some episodes whether on purpose or just during a rant that that was either questionable or outright wrong. Now granted he always qualifies his comment that they are his own thoughts or finding. Lawyer talk and all :wink:

But I have to be honest, with a Micro 355...I'm not surprised he had a limb let go. But it's nice to know he will be back in business in no time

Full discloser I haven't watched any recent episodes since he got the Death Stalker, not for any reason but time.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Although I do enjoy Death by Bunji for what it is. I have watched a lot of them and really truly appreciate the effort he puts into it, as a self filmed hunt is downright hard. BUT, I have heard on numerous occasions advice given on some episodes whether on purpose or just during a rant that that was either questionable or outright wrong. Now granted he always qualifies his comment that they are his own thoughts or finding. Lawyer talk and all :wink:

But I have to be honest, with a Micro 355...I'm not surprised he had a limb let go. But it's nice to know he will be back in business in no time

Full discloser I haven't watched any recent episodes since he got the Death Stalker, not for any reason but time.
Completely agree about Rich...great channel, I watch almost all of his episodes...but often says some things that are completely factually incorrect. My favorite was when he said he likes to twist his string equal number of turns from each side to keep his serving centered :eusa-doh:
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

nchunterkw wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:59 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:

Well...thanks for that wonderful reply. True colors showing, I think......

Just look at "whut yew rote".... you are the one who decided "less stress" makes everything better and the whole Micro platform with the exception of the 315 is trash.....I simply disagreed and gave you my reasons why...IMO nothing wrong with the Micro platform.
Evidently you like to push at people. My post had nothing to do with you, but you made it that way. Like trying to discredit me, or you had a bad week. So you have a like for the Micro's n i don't. My true colors really must be yours for coming back at me as in personal. What you neeed to do is get a grip on life before it gets by you. I can see you don't even like the way i spell. Hey too bad get over it worm food !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

First you tell me to jump up a wild man's azz, then you call me worm food. But I'm the one making this personal. OK :roll:

Proverbs 26:4 comes to mind.............."Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him"
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:03 am

Proverbs 26:4 comes to mind.............."Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him"
I am just an outsider (don't even own a crossbow) looking in -

I see nothing wrong with one man liking the Micro platforms and another liking the Matrix.

When I compare Excalibur models these days, they don't see all that different to me (cocked widths below).

Suppressor 400 TD = 20.25"
Assassin 400TD = 20.5"
TwinStrike = 21.1"
Mag 340 = 22"
Assassin 420TD = 23.3"
Bulldog 440 = 23"
Matrix G340 = 26.5"

The upper level models aren't all that different when cocked.

The attraction of Excalibur is their simplicity. Even though one can change stings & limbs on their own, limb failure would be a concern for anyone.

Rich's "Meat & Greet" is a good example of that. His daughter was very excited about this event. Imagine her disappointment when her crossbow limb breaks a day before the event. This is a limited number event (20 or so), & I am sure it comes with a price tag. Had they not had 3 crossbows (Micro 355, Scorpyd Deathstalker 420, & recently retired Bunjie), one of them would have been without a crossbow the next day. Having an extra crossbow allowed both of them to shoot hogs the next day.

I can see advantages of both the Micro & Matrix platforms. Limbs breaking would be a concern for anyone. Keep in mind, cocking devices are being used these days. There is a lot of stress on those limbs. The need for speed has to come from somewhere!

Spare limbs & string would surely put one's mind at ease. Lifetime warranty - some believe that represent a well- built product that will last a lifetime. If the product is constantly breaking, the lifetime warranty loses some of its shine.

I am not taking sides here, but I can see the concern of one & the lack of concern with another. If one favors the smaller high speed platforms, the risk of limb issues may be worth it. For others, they may prefer the tried & true crossbows. I think there is room for both in the hunting world, & this is coming from a compound bow hunter who doesn't mind sharing the woods with guys like you! :)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:03 am
First you tell me to jump up a wild man's azz, then you call me worm food. But I'm the one making this personal. OK :roll:

....I am certain that if both Mike and Keith met each other they would do nothing but laugh and have a good time....although I have not met either one of you...I have had purchases and PM's with both.....

I share a story:

"Someone I knew lived a few towns from where my NYS property is in a town called Liberty. He had many run in's with a neighbor across the street due to extremely loud and boisterous music. Ira was a used car sales person and in great shape at 61. His job entailed he get up at 4 in the morning to drive down to TPRoNJ to begin his work. The noise did no allow him to sleep. Finally one early evening he went over to talk to the son and father. A shouting match ensued....Ira was beaten to death. All because of what?" ( Look up https://www.recordonline.com/story/news/local/2021/05/26/swan-lake-killing-ira-zolchonock-under-investigation-liberty/7434155002/ )

Life is way too short!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had zero issues with Micro models including the 355. I don’t think bashing the model or model is going to get anyone anywhere. Some people have more luck than others perhaps, but it’s not worth fighting over. I have a great respect for both of you guys, try not to muck that up please.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!