Hawk crawler deer cart update

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hillcountry

Re: Hawk crawler deer cart update

Post by Hillcountry »

Bought a 2nd Hawk Crawler for my brother’s birthday present…Scheel’s lowered their price from $169.99 to $152.99 and they again, price matched Midway’s $119.99!
Can’t beat their $9.99 shipping cost too!
If you want one, now is the time!(I’m in no way affiliated with either company…just passing along a good deal on a good product)
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Normous

Post by Normous »

10 bucks is a bargain for shipping and price matching cant be beat. Good time to buy now !!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

By the way, I drilled out the handle for some quick pins and also noticed I put bolts in the wrong holes for the folding front “bumper” so it wouldn’t fold. Fixed that and that made room for 2 more quick pins to hold that piece steady…remove the pins and fold!
Thanks for the great tips!
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Normous

Post by Normous »

Measure twice and drill once, where have we heard that before? :mrgreen:
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Normous wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:21 pm
Measure twice and drill once, where have we heard that before? :mrgreen:
Guilty as charged! :shifty:
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have been wanting a crawler for quite a while now saw the Midway add great price but the shipping was going to be $50 to Michigan.
I looked on line at Jays sporting goods in Claire Mi as I have been driving buy it on my way to bait Bears, on line Jays had it listed at $199
I stopped in for other items and they had the Crawler in the lobby with a sign saying $149 I asked if they price matched and they do not.
I bought one any way it rang up $199 and I had to point out it was marked $149 in the lobby so they sold it to me for $149.
They had 3 more Crawler carts on the floor and they left the $149 sign on the display cart.
Just a heads up for Michiganders.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:01 am
I have been wanting a crawler for quite a while now saw the Midway add great price but the shipping was going to be $50 to Michigan.
I looked on line at Jays sporting goods in Claire Mi as I have been driving buy it on my way to bait Bears, on line Jays had it listed at $199
I stopped in for other items and they had the Crawler in the lobby with a sign saying $149 I asked if they price matched and they do not.
I bought one any way it rang up $199 and I had to point out it was marked $149 in the lobby so they sold it to me for $149.
They had 3 more Crawler carts on the floor and they left the $149 sign on the display cart.
Cool! We’re they selling them assembled or in the box?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Normous

Post by Normous »

gerald strine wrote:
I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Jays Sporting goods then stopping in Frankenmuth for some all you can eat Bavarian food.
But until Canadians are allowed across the Border that won't happen.
How's the ammo selection at Jays?
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hillcountry wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:33 am
gerald strine wrote:
Cool! We’re they selling them assembled or in the box?
Sold in the box you have to assemble it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Normous wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:00 am
gerald strine wrote:
I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Jays Sporting goods then stopping in Frankenmuth for some all you can eat Bavarian food.
But until Canadians are allowed across the Border that won't happen.
How's the ammo selection at Jays?
The ammo dept was almost wiped out but I have seen it worse.
Centerfire popular deer calibers were few and far between no 30.06 no 30.30 no .243 no .270.
Their were a few boxes of .308 Hornady , a customer asked for Federal in .308 and the clerk said all we have is Hornady , the customer said the Federals are more accurate and passed I told him get the Hornady you will not be disappointed ,He walked away oh well someone else will be happy to buy them.
Their was a good amount of 9mm mostly FMJ which is a nice change and they had a whole skid of bulk AR 400 rounds for $325 so that was good but only if you have big bucks to spend.
Shot gun shells the selection was poor , no 6 shot to be seen in any gauge some 8 shot in 12 gauge some steel shot ,but that is an improvement because I have been their and seen all the ammo shelfs empty of everything.
This was on Sunday on the holiday so the place was very busy so not surprised it was slim pickings.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Post by Normous »

All I can say is WOW. I never missed an opportunity to buy ammo and reloading while visiting Jays Michigan over the last 23 years. It does not surprise me due to current events.

Thank you for the update.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

The box weighed just over 50 pounds which is expensive to ship so I expect that's why they charged for shipping.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have done the handle extra hole and quick release pins , also did the other end with the quick release pins so it folds from both ends ,
Then I made the axles quick release buy replacing the axle to frame bolt and nut with 1/4 inch clevis pins and hair pin cotter pins.
now my cart frame folds up to 33 inches and the 2 axle assemblies are separate, it fits behind the passenger seat leaving the whole hatch area open for gear and I can still have one person in the back seat or more gear in my suv.
I have the old parts and back up spare ones in a bag taped to the frame if I need any parts in the field, my previous cart failed more than once on me hence the spare parts.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Post by Normous »

^^ Smart :thumbup:
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:38 pm
I have done the handle extra hole and quick release pins , also did the other end with the quick release pins so it folds from both ends ,
Then I made the axles quick release buy replacing the axle to frame bolt and nut with 1/4 inch clevis pins and hair pin cotter pins.
now my cart frame folds up to 33 inches and the 2 axle assemblies are separate, it fits behind the passenger seat leaving the whole hatch area open for gear and I can still have one person in the back seat or more gear in my suv.
I have the old parts and back up spare ones in a bag taped to the frame if I need any parts in the field, my previous cart failed more than once on me hence the spare parts.
Hmmm, good idea, that would really save some space in the trailer
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme