Hunting supplies and parts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Hunting supplies and parts

Post by longbow joe »

Not that l depend on Walmart for hunting supplies lol. but our local Walmart usually has a small selection of basic hunting supplies a few treestands l usually stock up on my favorite tinks doe p.
This year the supplies are terrible and forgeddabout the ammo....what ammo?.
One local shooting range has a really good supply of ammo at ok prices too.
I was in a bass pro down south a month ago I honestly believe l have more ammo here than they had in the isle.
I bought my necessities early this year including zombie slayers.
I work in the glass buisness and big truck windshields are in very short supply some non existant.
Jeep patriots,dodge caravans, very basic vehicles you can't get glass for ....all glass made in China crazy in 35 years saw strikes and stuff but never saw the supply chain this bad.
Last edited by longbow joe on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Robinsons Rebel

Re: Hunting supplies and parts

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Have the same problem down here. If you see it once, you better buy it because it won't be there if you blink.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I haven't seen any boxes of the typical hunting caliber rifle ammo in our Walmart in over a year. We're just now starting to see a few low brass skeet loads available for more than a day. We've got guns. There will be 20 guns in the display cases and empty ammo shelves below and beside them. All of the rifle & pistol ammo in stock at the Cabelas in Gainesville, VA fit on the end cap of one row. Shotgun shells filled the row shelves, but the row was only about 6ft long.

Luckily I reload and have enough supplies to get me through a few years assuming I forego target practice and don't need many rounds to confirm my zero.

It must be tough to run a gun range these days.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Its getting tough to run anything these days. Businesses around us are drying up fast. Here today, note on the door tomorrow. It's sad to see this happen again. Oh well, it is what it is.
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Went to a local restaurant for roast beef sandwiches, I only eat a half, but they had none!
We had better supplies when Covid-19 was forcing shutdowns.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Oddly enough, most of the shops around here are fairly well stocked with hunting supplies and ammo. No it procurement is probably not easy or cheap. But shelves aren't bad.

The building industry is getting pretty bare tho I'll tell ya.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I know that I am part of the problem, but I agree with a previous post, "if you find it what your need buy as much of it as you can." The shortages, in one way shape or form, are here to stay as long as the political climate is based upon news bites and winning votes....I saw this coming....as such, I have more than enough pistol components to reload _______ rounds....lets just say they will last through my son's lives....

....the latest problem seems to be obtaining "209 shotgun primers" for muzzleloaders.....yes, you can still buy the Winchester 777 209's ( if you shoot Pyrodex or 777 powder) but if you shoot Blackhorn 777 powder you need the 209 Shotgun primers.....

...I have ordered and should be receiving an order purchased on Gunbrokers for ______ 209 Shotgun primers.....again, I am thinking out to the next generation....if you can, and have the means to, buy whatever you can.....

...the shortages are here to stay!!!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
artifact

Post by artifact »

For once, I'm glad I'm old! :)
I also reload and have ACCUMULATED enough components for every caliber that I have to well outlast me, if I wouldn't have I would be crying, I pity the younger guys that are just starting out. Like others, stores in our area are either completely out of ammo or pickings are really slim, reloading supplies are slim pickings also.
HEY, who needs all these firearms anyway, we have our crossbows, but I now hear there is a shortage of arrows and arrow building supplies !!!! :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

artifact wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:29 pm
For once, I'm glad I'm old! :)
I also reload and have ACCUMULATED enough components for every caliber that I have to well outlast me, if I wouldn't have I would be crying, I pity the younger guys that are just starting out. Like others, stores in our area are either completely out of ammo or pickings are really slim, reloading supplies are slim pickings also.
HEY, who needs all these firearms anyway, we have our crossbows, but I now hear there is a shortage of arrows and arrow building supplies !!!! :lol:
.....oh, I forgot to mention....I have enough CB's and arra building components to last a similar amount of time! :mrgreen: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

my son and I made a trip to Kentucky to buy some ammo. found plenty there. not a bargain but they had it.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
artifact

Post by artifact »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:55 pm
.....oh, I forgot to mention....I have enough CB's and arra building components to last a similar amount of time! :mrgreen: :lol:
The way things are going that is probably a good idea, you might need to learn to knap flint to make your own broadheads also! :lol:
grouse

Post by grouse »

The ammo shortage is caused by irrational panic hoarding. I'm old enough to have seen it several times before.
A few people buy up much more than they need and the average guy who buys a couple of boxes a year is out of luck. The ammo manufacturers love this cycle. It's not here stay, things will die down in a few months and the shelves will be full again.
axiom
350 SE
Boo

Post by Boo »

At the rate that I am shooting, I think I have about 5 or more years supply of rimfire (22 and 17), about 3 years supply of waterfowl loads, 5 yrs of slugs and tons of shot, lead bullets and primers. Powder, I got lots. I have been buying a bit more than I need for years and I'm pretty sure I won't need to buy any more ammo for years to come.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

grouse wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 am
The ammo shortage is caused by irrational panic hoarding. I'm old enough to have seen it several times before.
A few people buy up much more than they need and the average guy who buys a couple of boxes a year is out of luck. The ammo manufacturers love this cycle. It's not here stay, things will die down in a few months and the shelves will be full again.
....I hope that you are right Grouse.....however, this has been around going on 2 years and the last major shortage was 2013....they seem to be coming faster and more furious...I honestly don't believe that there will be full shelves at a reasonable price for a long time, if ever....but then again, I am a natural pessimist! Again, I hope that you are right!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
artifact

Post by artifact »

Hopefully whoever bought Remington's ammunition manufacturing equipment will gear up and start producing ammo and reloading components. Even long before Remington went bankrupt, Remington wasn't producing a lot of the brass for multiple calibers or the bullets, when/if they gear up they should be able to make a killing, but I doubt if the pricing will be as low as it was in prior years.