MET A TWINSTRIKE AT THE RANGE TODAY!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: MET A TWINSTRIKE AT THE RANGE TODAY!

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:53 am
amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:45 pm
AGAIN, I asked a simple question….
It seems many of us don’t really know state by state what is legal. Usually after technology advances the laws change. I would call the DNR in the state and keep receipts!
Good luck Anthony.
.....it is CLEAR Dan that the TS is Sick Bird (Ill-eagle) in TPR of NJ.....the DFW has posted it's Illegality on their website.....to be codified in the Regs next year!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I told this gentleman that I met that he should consider joining the Excalibur CB forum....he also said that he was going to call Peter today to get his take on removing one string from the TS and using it as both a single string CB while doing arm curls while waiting for a shot!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Taking just a string off would be like shooting with a bipod attached off hand.

Tell him to remove the limbs too and go nuts
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
armyds25

Post by armyds25 »

That was me you met at cherry ridge. I hope you did well with NY's early firearm season.
So i had to castrate (temporarily) my Twinstrike today (for NJ season) pretty easy process removing the string and limbs. Took a couple of shots and it was dead on. Hopefully NJ will come to it's senses and allow me to un-castrate my xbow.
I'm new to this forum but i have to say the team at Excalibur are top notch. I'm always able to get a live person and very helpful with any questions i may have. Looking forward to reading everyones hunting experiences this season.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Welcome to the forum armyds25. Good to see you came up with a way to use the TS for your hunts in NJ. Wishing you luck this season.
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hatchet wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:43 pm
Welcome to the forum armyds25. Good to see you came up with a way to use the TS for your hunts in NJ. Wishing you luck this season.
Take care
Hatchet
Yep, what he said.
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
armyds25

Post by armyds25 »

Even with my castrated twinstrike i harvested a doe on Saturday. The bow is just awesome and she dropped where she stood. There's a nice rack running around so hopefully I'll post a picture this weekend. Good luck to all out there and be safe.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Congratulations on your deer Army. Good luck with that buck you got running around.
Take care
Hatchet
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

armyds25 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm
That was me you met at cherry ridge. I hope you did well with NY's early firearm season.
So i had to castrate (temporarily) my Twinstrike today (for NJ season) pretty easy process removing the string and limbs. Took a couple of shots and it was dead on. Hopefully NJ will come to it's senses and allow me to un-castrate my xbow.
I'm new to this forum but i have to say the team at Excalibur are top notch. I'm always able to get a live person and very helpful with any questions i may have. Looking forward to reading everyones hunting experiences this season.
.....Hi Armyds25....it was a pleasure chatting with you at CR.....Unfortunately I have yet to go out....hoping to get out on Saturday, at least for the morning (supposed to hit 75 in the afternoon.) I am glad to see that you were able to figure out how to use the TwinStrike as a SingleStrike.....It will be interesting to see how NJ plays this out....according to what I read, NJ will codify not allowing the TS but in The People's Republic of NJ, one never knows.....I am hoping that NY comes to its senses and allows a CB through the entire bow season and eliminates it's archaic 200 draw weight.....we shall see how it all shapes up!

Gongrats on the doe.....my boys will be hunting at our property in NYS this Saturday with their compounds.....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Congrats on your first kill with the SingleStrike.

I got to handle one at Cabelas yesterday....well sort of...they had it cabled to the rack and I couldn't get it far enough away to shoulder it. Asked about getting the certificate for the drawing....and the kid was clueless....why was I not surprised. So I didn't bother shooting it, figured he'd be as clueless trying to cock it for me as well. Notices scope bases were loose on it too. :eusa-violin:
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

I don’t see it as a bad situation. If someone could hunt in an area that allows the Twinstrike, put the limbs on. In an area where it isn’t allowed, take it off. However, if you’re never going to hunt outside of the forbidden state, I would be bummed out.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
armyds25

Post by armyds25 »

Hatchet wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 am
Congratulations on your deer Army. Good luck with that buck you got running around.
Take care
Hatchet
Thank you, my buddy is making killer sausage, hot sticks and other surprises for me. Can't wait! Will post pics for the group.
armyds25

Post by armyds25 »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:08 am
armyds25 wrote:
.....Hi Armyds25....it was a pleasure chatting with you at CR.....Unfortunately I have yet to go out....hoping to get out on Saturday, at least for the morning (supposed to hit 75 in the afternoon.) I am glad to see that you were able to figure out how to use the TwinStrike as a SingleStrike.....It will be interesting to see how NJ plays this out....according to what I read, NJ will codify not allowing the TS but in The People's Republic of NJ, one never knows.....I am hoping that NY comes to its senses and allows a CB through the entire bow season and eliminates it's archaic 200 draw weight.....we shall see how it all shapes up!

Gongrats on the doe.....my boys will be hunting at our property in NYS this Saturday with their compounds.....
Please convey my regards for your boys, I hope they score early enough to have back straps for dinner.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

armyds25 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:37 pm
amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:08 am
armyds25 wrote:
:thumbup:

Please convey my regards for your boys, I hope they score early enough to have back straps for dinner.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings