MET A TWINSTRIKE AT THE RANGE TODAY!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

MET A TWINSTRIKE AT THE RANGE TODAY!

Post by amythntr »

…. Was at the range today and a gentleman had just purchased a new TS …. I am not going to rehash my opinions of it but I can say it is a nice HEAVY piece of well engineered equipment…

….he offered me a chance to shoot it but I declined…he took 6 shots and the second shot each time was about 2 inches below the first…

….living in The People’s Republic of NJ he now knows he can’t use it here….needless to say he’s not happy…. He said that Excalibur told him that TPR of NJ never said it would be illegal….

….he was wondering could he take off one string and just shoot one setup…. Forget whether NJ would consider it legal….. wouldn’t it cause vibration like a tuning fork?

….. just wondering :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Re: MET A TWINSTRIKE AT THE RANGE TODAY!

Post by amythntr »

It was a duplicate (Twinstrike) post!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Seems like a gimmick to me—a feature no one was asking for. But maybe I’m wrong.
Does anyone know if it moved the needle on Excalibur’s Sales and Revenue last year?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….. guys and gals let’s not make this a bashing of the Twinstrike…. I asked a question that might interest someone in TPR of NJ!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I got mine 🤗
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It’s not for me currently, that could change. If I had short walks in & out, and the mustard to deal with two deer of my own harvested on a sit, I would want one. I’m still just a one shot hunter, guns included. I’ll get one in my hands to check out real soon, time to get stuff ready!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AGAIN, I asked a simple question….

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I think so from what I was told . Seems like sales are going good 👍
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'd say it wouldn't be legal to do that. Have him call the DNR and find out. The TS would be good from a nice ladder stand with a rifle rest to rest the bow on and shoot from.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Pull off the lower limbs and string and it's no longer capable of firing two arrows. It's just common sense. But trying to explain common sense to Government Officials is probably not going to do much good.
Oh well it is what it is.
Take care guys
Hatchet
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:50 pm
….he was wondering could he take off one string and just shoot one setup…. Forget whether NJ would consider it legal….. wouldn’t it cause vibration like a tuning fork?

….. just wondering :eusa-think:
Take off one string and both of those limbs, I don't see why that would be a problem. But definitely not just the string.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hatchet wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am
Pull off the lower limbs and string and it's no longer capable of firing two arrows. It's just common sense. But trying to explain common sense to Government Officials is probably not going to do much good.
Take care guys
Hatchet
....we spoke about that....quite frankly, he wanted to return the TS to Excalibur....was told from someone at Excalibur that they would have gladly done that but for the fact that they have issues getting parts for new bows....this does not make sense to me but this is what he told me....also, why would anyone want to hold on to a $2,199 crossbow, if it could not be used in the manner that it was purchased for?.....from what I can see in TPR of NJ in the past, it will be interesting to see if they change their position....the DFW said in their posting on the website, that the posting of ineligibility this year will be codified next year.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 am
Hatchet wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am
Take care guys
Hatchet
....we spoke about that....quite frankly, he wanted to return the TS to Excalibur....was told from someone at Excalibur that they would have gladly done that but for the fact that they have issues getting parts for new bows....this does not make sense to me but this is what he told me....also, why would anyone want to hold on to a $2,199 crossbow, if it could not be used in the manner that it was purchased for?.....from what I can see in TPR of NJ in the past, it will be interesting to see if they change their position....the DFW said in their posting on the website, that the posting of ineligibility this year will be codified next year.
It sound like your friend is stuck between a rock and a hard place Anthony. Tell him my neighbors house is for sale. We still have a little freedom here. For now. Could use some like minded individuals to share it with.
Take care and God bless
Corey
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

There are pros and cons to everything in life. So one has to personally decide if "the juice is worth the squeeze". Regarding the TS, it can be seen as "double the pleasure, double the fun", or the inverse, "double trouble". It's all about one's personal point of view. From my perspective, I don't see the point of purchasing and paying more for a 4-Wheel Drive vehicle, and then to have to disable it to make it legal to use.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:45 pm
AGAIN, I asked a simple question….
It seems many of us don’t really know state by state what is legal. Usually after technology advances the laws change. I would call the DNR in the state and keep receipts!
Good luck Anthony.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!