How many of you are ready to roll?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

How many of you are ready to roll? The truth!

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 35

IronNoggin

Re: How many of you are ready to roll?

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:00 am
So the question begs, are you guys ready? Sighted in. Some practice shooting? Equipment all checked out? Serving ok? Got enough arrows?
Just back in from the offshore. Went reasonably well this season.
And happy to be home!

Now time to drop the new scope onto the Matrix 380 and get her dialed in properly!
Did a fair amount of shooting before I wandered off to sea, but a little more effort will be required to become comfortable with the new set-up methinks.
The rest of the bow is in fine shape as usual.
And as for "enough" arrows, one can never have too many! :lol:
You did help in that department Boo, greatly appreciated. Likely good for a few years now...
And I now have 2 dozen US made 125 grain Spits just itching to find some fur...

Young fellow who I help support his 3 daughters and Lady with meat, fish etc scored a new job late last year.
Foreman on one of this areas larger farms - massive in fact.
While they don't generally allow hunting for their rather numerous deer, they do make an exception for their employees - and allow them to bring along a single Buddy.
Bow ONLY.
He inherited my older ExoMax via a somewhat convoluted route, and is itching to get it dialed in.
Of course I offered to help as that will get me a little practice time in as well.
And in fact, the youngster is headed over here this very evening with a bottle of Appleton's Finest to "talk me into" being his hunting partner on that farm. :clap:
Ain't going to take much to do so methinks!! :wink:

Your post is therefore rather timely my Friend!
Fast tracking to roll out now!!

Cheers & Best of Luck to all in The Pursuit! :thumbup:
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I was at my place in Oklahoma last week and got my Micro335 that I leave up there strung and sighted in (my youngest son will be hunting with it), and I have been shooting my Offspring for over a month.

I’m leaving the end of this week for a job in CA and won’t be back until Sept 30 (season opens Oct 1), so that’s made me have all my gear ready to go early this year.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

[quote=nchunterkw post:

Other property has 30 deer tags waiting for me.

[/quote]

30 deer tags? What the heck?!!!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I stay ready myself… shoot all four of my bows year round… I can hunt on a moments notice!! :thumbup:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

The wicked Twin is ready to go . Got a little time to try with my Magnus Sirazor's. They where a about 4 " off from my field points but with a little adjustment of the Redfield scope she is shooting 1/2" group at 30 yds. I have to say what a fun bow to shoot it took a little doing to get it to shoot good but now that it is sighted in she is right on . Our season starts this sat. but I won't be able to hunt till the wife gets better , all my time is devoted to her , I might get a little time for practice now and then but that's ok . Good luck to every one this season. :wave:
W.M.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I target practice so am good there.
I spent a couple days cleaning up shooting lanes and making improvements to my platform blind.
I do need to cut a piece of material from an old blind the brother in-law threw out and attach it to the back of one of my blinds.
:thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

The wicked Twin is ready to go . Got a little time to try with my Magnus Sirazor's. They where a about 4 " off from my field points but with a little adjustment of the Redfield scope she is shooting 1/2" group at 30 yds. I have to say what a fun bow to shoot it took a little doing to get it to shoot good but now that it is sighted in she is right on . Our season starts this sat. but I won't be able to hunt till the wife gets better , all my time is devoted to her , I might get a little time for practice now and then but that's ok . Good luck to every one this season. :wave:
W.M
I was able to site in this morning. There was a slight mist in the air but it didn't affect arrow flight. My wife also has been ill.
She was in the hospital for 3 days last week and now has lot's of Dr. appointments coming up. Don't know when she'll be strong enough to be on her own. I hope they heal fast so we can hit the woods.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Oh Lord, I am way behind. Not even close to being ready but I wont go till late October. I set the BH on the BD330 hope to take one down with it this year.

Suppose to have a test and tune/cookout this Saturday. after that just need to air out the stand and blind. rest of the gear is in totes with fresh earth sent. i love that stuff, but it makes the wife gag or so she says... :crazy:
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7