How many is too many?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

How many is too many?

Post by xcaliber »

I'm looking to add one more model to my arsenal, and admit that I have a problem. I did get down to two, and it was painful. :lol: I'm currently sittin on 4 soon to be 5. I do have room in the garage for a nice wall display if I get off my arse and get the garage finished! :oops:
I'm thinking I will end up with 6 total, I still think about the Bull Pup models quite a bit, and never even held one. :eusa-think:

Question to everyone, how many is too many? :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hatchet

Re: How many is too many?

Post by Hatchet »

The only problem I'm willing to admit to is the problem I have deciding which one to hunt with! 🤔 I buy wall hooks in bulk so having a place to hang a new one is no longer a problem.
Take care
Hatchet
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:43 am
I still think about the Bull Pup models quite a bit, and never even held one
A good reason to complete your collection. :thumbup:
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:43 am
I'm looking to add one more model to my arsenal, and admit that I have a problem. I did get down to two, and it was painful. :lol: I'm currently sittin on 4 soon to be 5. I do have room in the garage for a nice wall display if I get off my arse and get the garage finished! :oops:
I'm thinking I will end up with 6 total, I still think about the Bull Pup models quite a bit, and never even held one. :eusa-think:

Question to everyone, how many is too many? :eusa-popcorn:
Not as big a fan of the bull pup. Triggers seem stiffer to me no matter what. I have a Micro 355 with an ACP and it is much stiffer than my Micro 335. Or maybe that guy is just really light....(it is)....but I like it
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

As long as you have wall space and floor space your good to go ...even then you can lean one on the other if need be. Don't let this guy :eusa-naughty: stop you or this one :eusa-snooty: My wife ask me once why I need more than one and I told her it's decorations
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have a “few” and am no where near too many!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like the way you guys talk! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

If you can’t see them all at once then you don’t have enough. Just looked in the dictionary and the words (to many) was not there but the more the merrier was :thumbup:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well I have a sweet Vortex XT heading my way. Twas going to be another model, but I think I went the right way.

Thanks Buddy! :thumbup: :thumbup:
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I thought I was good with my 3 up until a few weeks ago, when I saw the Micro 355 Steambow going for way less than the standard 355 originally went for.... Surprisingly the wife enthusiastically said go FOUR it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….. I come from a whole different perspective…. When I only get a chance to go to the range 4-6 times a year and the past few years only getting into the field about the same….more than 2 is too many for me….

….. what put a little wrinkle this year is NYS and it’s archaic CB restrictions… so I bought the GRZ2 with its lower DW

…… if I hunt TPRNJ I will use the AXE340…. It’s backup is the A360 or the GRZ2….if I hunt up the country in NYS…it will be the GRZ2 or the Scorpyd Death Stalker

I just don’t see the NEED FOR more than 2 for any particular purpose….WANT is a totally different animal!

Now with that said, both of my sons own an original Matrix 380….they both have gone back to the Compound so that they can hunt the entire archery season in NYS….so in reality I almost had enough to field a baseball team….I foresee possibly offloading the A360 down the line…..but I have to admit, I really do like it!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

This may be a little off topic, but given Excaliburs limb issues, only having one (or two) crossbows can leave a person in a bind during hunting season. I was in the situation a couple years ago where my Micro335 and M380 both had cracked limbs at the same time during hunting season, and if it weren’t for my old “back up” IBEX, my out of state hunt would’ve been a complete bust. I ended up selling the M380 to a friend after it was fixed but added an Offspring, so I fully intend to keep 4 crossbows (Exomax, IBEX, Micro335, and the Offspring).
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don’t know why but I never had a single limb issue over maybe a dozen models. I’m just an Exaholic. My problem is just like holding a puppy, can’t resist! :lol:
I have never been one to own just one of anything for the seasons I hunt, could be the addiction or the OCD! :lol: :lol: I will have a few that I intend to hunt with until I harvest a deer, then hang it up for range use only, just because of the weight.
Thanks for playing along folks! :thumbup:
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:49 pm
I don’t know why but I never had a single limb issue over maybe a dozen models.
I had shot thousands of shots and never had a single issue of any kind with any of my Excaliburs until I did. :eusa-think:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

retrieverman wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:49 pm
I don’t know why but I never had a single limb issue over maybe a dozen models.
I had shot thousands of shots and never had a single issue of any kind with any of my Excaliburs until I did. :eusa-think:
Agreed, I don't know when NEVER is coming. :thumbup: :thumbup: