Worth?

Post by bigbowman »

Is it worth it to own more than 4 crossbows? Lol
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Carnivorous

Re: Worth?

Post by Carnivorous »

Ask BOO!!! Lol

I have one and that's all I can carry to my stand... ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

YES :lol: :lol:
Last edited by xcaliber on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I have four… that’s my high water mark… I think :eusa-shifty:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I have three Bulldog 440's
Two Bulldog 400's
One Exocet 200
One Matrix 355

For a total of seven crossbows and I enjoy all of them :thumbup:
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Boo

Post by Boo »

A man is not a real man until he owns 4 Excalibur crossbows. I believe it so it must me true and I saw that on Facebook. :wtf:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well I currently have a Matrix 380 / Axe / Vortex / Y-25 / and an XT on the way. 5 should do it! :lol: :lol:
I'm actually going to surprise my other neighbor with a gift. He cannot draw his bow now for about 5 years, and has just gun hunted public land. He is retired on a fixed income, so I have one he would like, but is too proud to take. I have offered him to use one for years, but he's too old school to borrow something like that. I figured if I give it to him, he'll come out with us again. :eusa-shhh: That will put me at 4 again, a nice number I think. :eusa-think:
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:54 pm
Well I currently have a Matrix 380 / Axe / Vortex / Y-25 / and an XT on the way. 5 should do it! :lol: :lol:
I'm actually going to surprise my other neighbor with a gift. He cannot draw his bow now for about 5 years, and has just gun hunted public land. He is retired on a fixed income, so I have one he would like, but is too proud to take. I have offered him to use one for years, but he's too old school to borrow something like that. I figured if I give it to him, he'll come out with us again. :eusa-shhh: That will put me at 4 again, a nice number I think. :eusa-think:
A Vortex/Eclipse? :eusa-popcorn:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:00 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Yep!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:10 pm
Boo wrote:
xcaliber wrote:
Yep!
Cool! I have one but don't have the heart to shoot it :crazy:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:00 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:10 pm
Boo wrote:
Yep!
Cool! I have one but don't have the heart to shoot it :crazy:
Oh I'm shooting it, heck yeah! Hope that's the right decision. :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

As long as you shoot all of them once in a while,it's all good, don't neglect them.
People who collect the older long limb bows seem 🙄 to know something more about the functioning and beauty and dependability of a quality no nonsense product left behind for a shorter limbed brick looking product that lost a certain percentage of its reliability in the downturn in evolution.
Seriously if you have hobbies and your bills are paid and it's legal and makes you happy there's nothing wrong with collecting stuff even excalibur micro bows.
My hunting fishing and motorcycles have kept me happy married and too broke for bars and addictions so it seems to work for me you will never see a motorcycle boat or a hunting vehicle parked at a schiacatrists office.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bigbowman wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:23 pm
Is it worth it to own more than 4 crossbows? Lol
…..absolutely not, in my book!….do you shoot them all?…or do they just take space somewhere at the expense of another bow?……I find I roll arrows for EACH bow so it starts getting a little confusing….

…..it’s not a question of worth it….it’s a question of want versus need….if you understand that and as LBJ says the bills are paid, and you can afford it….so be it….

…..as for me and my house we will …..downsize and become more minimalistic!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:53 pm
A man is not a real man until he owns 4 Excalibur crossbows. I believe it so it must me true and I saw that on Facebook. :wtf:
YES!!! This is the truest statement I have ever heard!!! Just ask Google!!! :eusa-liar: :lol: :lol:

Too many crossbows??? Is there such a thing as too many? :eusa-naughty: I think not!!! :lol: :lol:

One crossbow is like having one gun, or one fishing rod. Just kinda don't make sense.....
And as LBJ said...if you can afford it...why not?
Everyone collects something.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….I have one rifle -Remington LH Bolt action 30.06,

….I have one ML- Thompson Encore 209x50,

….I have one over and under 12ga Berreta Silver Pigeon,

….I have one other SG a 12g Browning BPS pump…..

The only reason for 2 SG is because when I first started I wasn’t sure if I was cross eyed dominant….instead I found out I was just Italian! :eusa-doh: :mrgreen:

Honestly, I never ever felt that I needed more

Now when it comes to pistols….I have two of each caliber, except for only one .22….

Again, I do not feel the need for anymore!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings