Spypoint Users?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Re: Spypoint Users?

Post by XB I GO »

So today, Saturday, CS said the firmware is outdated. It cannot be done remotely. I have to get a Micro SD, download the firmware from their website onto the card and then go put it in the camera. This is going to be around a 12 hour ordeal with driving... but supposedly it will work once its done.
janesy

Post by janesy »

XB I GO wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:05 pm
So today, Saturday, CS said the firmware is outdated. It cannot be done remotely. I have to get a Micro SD, download the firmware from their website onto the card and then go put it in the camera. This is going to be around a 12 hour ordeal with driving... but supposedly it will work once its done.
Yep, always update the firmware before you send them out. They update every few months are carrier details change.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

XB I GO wrote:
When you get the the camera, perform the update until the camera restarts itself. Sometimes it shows no indication of this. Then trigger it by walking in front of it.

Shut it off and restart it, and walk away after all the lights go out. Don't drive home untils it's transfered to your phone once at least.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Thanks!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:02 pm
XB I GO wrote:
When you get the the camera, perform the update until the camera restarts itself. Sometimes it shows no indication of this. Then trigger it by walking in front of it.

Shut it off and restart it, and walk away after all the lights go out. Don't drive home untils it's transfered to your phone once at least.

Put mine out today. All good!!@

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Already had a visitor.. lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

:eusa-deadhorse:
Last edited by Hillcountry on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Deleted
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Update from my situation.

I went 5-hours to our ranch and did everything Spypoint said. They "guaranteed" it would work. Well it didn't. Not being able to make too many more 5-hour trips for camera maintenance, I bought another one (same camera). Got someone to take it to the ranch for me. They hooked it up and it sent 3 pictures while they were there. They bought back the other camera. Now the brand new one at the ranch doesn't work. It was 100% signal and 100% battery and sent 48 pictures plus the 3 I mentioned. The next day it was off the grid. 25% cell signal in Red in the status box. Then It came off the app altogether. The app box says 'the camera has not reported yet" "Check cameras status and connection then refresh page to try again.

I called Spypoint today. After an hour we finally agreed that the first camera doesnt work. They are going to send a replacement at no cost. Meanwhile, they can't figure out why the other (new) camera wont work. They said they are going to do a "push feed" on their end. How is the camera supposed to get it if it stopped connecting to the cellular (just like the other one did). So no camera since Sept 7th, 5X with customer service and finally a replacement is on the way. I probably have to go through this yet again with the second camera.

I hope to get this second camera replaced. I hope they will work like they should for the rest of the season. Other than that, I'm done with Spypoint. I will save the $500 for a Reconyx, Made in USA and they send a replacement the instant there is an issue. It cost me that much in gas to go deal with the Spypoint cameras.....
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

XB I GO wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:30 am
Update from my situation.

I went 5-hours to our ranch and did everything Spypoint said. They "guaranteed" it would work. Well it didn't. Not being able to make too many more 5-hour trips for camera maintenance, I bought another one (same camera). Got someone to take it to the ranch for me. They hooked it up and it sent 3 pictures while they were there. They bought back the other camera. Now the brand new one at the ranch doesn't work. It was 100% signal and 100% battery and sent 48 pictures plus the 3 I mentioned. The next day it was off the grid. 25% cell signal in Red in the status box. Then It came off the app altogether. The app box says 'the camera has not reported yet" "Check cameras status and connection then refresh page to try again.

I called Spypoint today. After an hour we finally agreed that the first camera doesnt work. They are going to send a replacement at no cost. Meanwhile, they can't figure out why the other (new) camera wont work. They said they are going to do a "push feed" on their end. How is the camera supposed to get it if it stopped connecting to the cellular (just like the other one did). So no camera since Sept 7th, 5X with customer service and finally a replacement is on the way. I probably have to go through this yet again with the second camera.

I hope to get this second camera replaced. I hope they will work like they should for the rest of the season. Other than that, I'm done with Spypoint. I will save the $500 for a Reconyx, Made in USA and they send a replacement the instant there is an issue. It cost me that much in gas to go deal with the Spypoint cameras.....
Haven’t had issues like yours but I will be done with SPYPOINT when my “plan” expires.
Just too weak of a signal here.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360