Game changers for hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Game changers for hunting

Post by xcaliber »

Of course there are many things we all use to for safety, strategy, accuracy, etc. I think for me one of the best things I have used, and will not hunt without is a face covering. I started hunting decades ago and things really got better once I started doing this. Deer were seen more often and came in closer than ever before for me, what’s your must have?
:eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Reinyrooster

Re: Game changers for hunting

Post by Reinyrooster »

I do the same...have a very nice lightweight camo face covering that I wear all the time when hunting.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

HECS
artifact

Post by artifact »

I also use various face masks for both deer and turkey, I just purchased a facemask that is attached to a cap, from just trying it on I'm really liking it compared to the other facemasks that I have.
One of my biggies is using permethrin on clothing, definitely keeps ticks at bay, I wouldn't really want to archery or spring gobbler hunt anymore without spraying my hunting clothing with it.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

artifact wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:34 pm
I also use various face masks for both deer and turkey, I just purchased a facemask that is attached to a cap, from just trying it on I'm really liking it compared to the other facemasks that I have.
One of my biggies is using permethrin on clothing, definitely keeps ticks at bay, I wouldn't really want to archery or spring gobbler hunt anymore without spraying my hunting clothing with it.
I use a treated set from Game Hide called Elimitick. Works great, good tip there! Nobody wants tick bites! This clothing also deters mosquitos.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/rRzc1ty2]Image
Red head ....bass pro
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Spandoflage by a company called "great day" have got the best face mask I've ever worn. Makes you look like that guy from the watchmen. Your face completely disappears but you lose no vision or blind spots.

You know a good facemask will freak out a dog, and this makes them go mental. Salesman was pretty nutty tho, eh Jeff?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

During early season here l don't wear one ....its too freaking hot and l feel like I'm gonna 😫 barf with something smothering me....anyway l got one helluva tan now on my face now I'm kinda really dark.
During the first month there is so much foliage here and the deer are kinda stupid anyway a brimmed camo hat is fine.
Can't wear anything that "sucks" around my face and neck like a spandex because .....you guessed it.."l feel like I'm gonna barf".
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
grouse

Post by grouse »

I never bowhunt without a facemask. The lightest one I have isn't too bad in early season hot weather. I usually take my hat off and just wear it when it's really hot. Deer, squirrels, owls etc. have looked right at me without alarm.
axiom
350 SE
janesy

Post by janesy »

Biggest game changer.

Thermacell
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'm gonna have to side with Chris....

Thermocell :thumbup: without a doubt. Hunting the thick stuff in the October heat down here, the 'skeeters and the gnats will drive you insane. :crazy:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Thermocell
3D Camo (Leafy suit)
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Face mask for sure, but as someone else said, I can’t stand to have it up against my face. Too claustrophobic. What I do is buy a wide-brimmed hat, then sew camo mesh around the outside of the rim, so it’s away from my face. Also leave the mesh long, so mosquitoes can’t fly up underneath it.

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Spypoint cellular game cams.

The old saying if you want to kill a deer hunt where the deer are. You can pattern deer movement by your tree stand from home without visiting your stand to pull cards.

Priceless!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:56 pm
Spandoflage by a company called "great day" have got the best face mask I've ever worn. Makes you look like that guy from the watchmen. Your face completely disappears but you lose no vision or blind spots.

You know a good facemask will freak out a dog, and this makes them go mental. Salesman was pretty nutty tho, eh Jeff?
Oh ya the sales guy reminded me of the shinning!!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.