Wacky but true

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Wacky but true

Post by longbow joe »

Last year my brother and l shot our 8 and 9 pointers from the same stand but about a month apart.
The stand is on the tidal delaware and NJ is about 600 yards across the river.
I'm very familiar with this stand and l actually see deer from time to time swim across the river and it's not a big deal for them,sometimes duck hunters will disturb them.
When I hunt in the evening a large nightclub across the river starts blasting Latin type music every evening ,basically at dusk l should say.
Without a doubt about 20 minutes after the start you immediately start seeing the deer browsing and moving along.
I'm not making this up I'm convinced that the music gets these deer moving.
Now keep in mind that this goes on all year not just in the fall the deer are used to it.
My brother thought l was nuts but after experiencing this many times in the stand is now a believer too.
I think I'm gonna ditch the camo and go Ricky Martin instead this year.
I guess I'm lucky you can't get a musical night and good hunting in very many places but it just goes to show how versatile and adapted these cool creatures are.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flinthead

Re: Wacky but true

Post by flinthead »

Sounds great Joe!! You could extend the platform of the stand and get in a little Salsa Dancing before the deer come… 8) 8)
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

🤠🏹🎶
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think I'm gonna teach the big boy on my brother's camera the swat dance it's easy to learn .....you just run and drop!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I got a place that has 3 pumping stations on it. One of these is on a pressure switch. It only starts the "up and down motion" when the internal pressure hits a certain mark.
The thing is before it kicks off and starts to pump, it actually makes a sound like a "snort-wheeze". :wtf: The oil company changed this rig out about 2 years ago. I was so bent I couldn't see straight.
As time progressed, I now see deer tracks all around the unit. Killed a nice buck within 100 yards of the thing last year.

Deer are the most adaptable creatures I know. We see them scattered all over place, not only in the country, but in our local urban neighborhoods.
There is 5 acres between me and my neighbor, we split this property. I see deer on this place all the time. I've even been on my mower in the middle of day, and seen deer on this property.

Deer adjust to ever changing stimuli in their environment. I'll tell ya, I've been on a tractor working and look up just in time to see deer watching me!!
This is an animal that has to learn what is "normal" in his home, and what is not. His survival depends on it.

So Joe... I suggest you play the Ricky Martin music as loudly as possible from the stand!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And good luck teaching the big boy to dance!! :eusa-dance:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I hunt about 1km as the crow flies from one of Ontario's busiest gun clubs. Deer don't even know what gun season is around here.

Especially with the tactical Police guys have it booked. 🤣
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 am
I got a place that has 3 pumping stations on it. One of these is on a pressure switch. It only starts the "up and down motion" when the internal pressure hits a certain mark.
The thing is before it kicks off and starts to pump, it actually makes a sound like a "snort-wheeze". :wtf: The oil company changed this rig out about 2 years ago. I was so bent I couldn't see straight.
As time progressed, I now see deer tracks all around the unit. Killed a nice buck within 100 yards of the thing last year.

Deer are the most adaptable creatures I know. We see them scattered all over place, not only in the country, but in our local urban neighborhoods.
There is 5 acres between me and my neighbor, we split this property. I see deer on this place all the time. I've even been on my mower in the middle of day, and seen deer on this property.

Deer adjust to ever changing stimuli in their environment. I'll tell ya, I've been on a tractor working and look up just in time to see deer watching me!!
This is an animal that has to learn what is "normal" in his home, and what is not. His survival depends on it.

So Joe... I suggest you play the Ricky Martin music as loudly as possible from the stand!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When hunting public land that Ricky Martin music might just benefit you. I know if I could here it from my stand I would relocate in a hurry!
Take care
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hatchet wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:06 am
AJ01 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 am

When hunting public land that Ricky Martin music might just benefit you. I know if I could here it from my stand I would relocate in a hurry!
Take care
Hatchet
See....mission accomplished!! :eusa-dance: :lol: :eusa-dance: :eusa-violin:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!