wis shootings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fall guy

wis shootings

Post by fall guy »

Just so everyone knows, the shooter was a mung and there is a big problem in wis with mungs tresspassing poaching and shooting deer and cutting out parts and leaving the rest to rot. I have been told this by wardens, and I have found many deer left to rot. :x
JD Jones

shooting

Post by JD Jones »

So after he's served 243 years or so, deport him to Mungolia?
JD
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.

Post by Guest »

Very classy people! Bring down the Hmong (not mung) community because a hunter and a landowner got into a gun fight. You closed-minded individuals have turned this incident into a Hmong hunter v.s. white landowners. How about looking at it from a hunter v.s landowner perspective. If the hunter was a white individual, I doubt such incompetent comments would be posted.

How about all the redneck, child-mollester, sexual predators, should we send them back to England, Scotland, or Ireland were they came from.
PRB

Post by PRB »

Dear sweet guest. I tell you what I think....just a minute I smell something. Oh boy the wife just yelled and said its time to eat again 8) Anyway dont get your panties in a MUNG wad twistie turn. P.S. I cant believe you called me a redneck. I just looked in the mirror and its not red. Further more I didnt know she was my half sisters cousin. So that shows how smart you are :lol: Can you send me some money to help with air fair ? I want to go back to England. :wink: Have a great mung style Thanksgiving day.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!

Post by Guest »

JD Jones,

Mongolians are people who live in Mongolia, a country bordered by Russia to their North and China to their South. The Great Wall of China was put up by a Chinese Emperor to separate the Mongolian from the Chinese. The Hmong people originated from Southern China, not from (Mungolia). Hmong people are native people from Southern China, similar to how Canada and United States have native aboriginals.

Mr. Jones, I am sorry for your lack of knowledge!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

It is wrong to judge an entire ethnicity based on one individuals actions. I'm sure in the eyes of someone, somewhere we are also viewed with negativity.

Regardless of where the individual who carried out these acts came from, he is a criminal.
JD Jones

what the hey

Post by JD Jones »

Guest, (boy I admire these anonamous (sp) folk)

I am very aware of the Hmong people. I am also a bit of a reader about Mongolia and it's effect on the known world in the days just preceeding and during the reigns of the Khans.
I also am guilty of having a wierd sense of humor, thus "Mungolia".
Guest, terrible things happen, and the choice is laugh or cry. I choose to laugh, even though I am aware that my humor is rage and anguish bandaged over.
I pretty much have to live with myself and my feelings, you do not. Please feel more than free to ignore me, and all I write.

Respectfully
JD Jones
Last edited by JD Jones on Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Jones

viewed negatively

Post by JD Jones »

I assure you I have been viewed badly, as has all citizens of the United States. If it were not guilt enough that I live in my native country by free choice I am also an old, white male, the known scum at the bottom of the pond. Even the great Jimmy Buffett equates olde white men to government misdoings.
Other than being put down in song, having other countries dislike me for what a bunch of powerful folk do without ever asking my openion, and more receantly having people wanting to kill me and mine because we are citizen residents of our country, the rest of my feeling viewed badly is probably paranoia.
Incidentally, in the 70's, when the Iran fiasco happened I lived in Texas. A group of about 500 patriotic folk decided to nail the Iranian college students at Texas University at Arlington. I went into the street all by my stupid self, and put me between the mob and the university.
You ever let your precious As* hang way out just because it was the just thing to do?
JD Jones
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I have a big problem calling Vang a hunter. In my book he is a poacher and trespasser. Having said that, it's too bad his actions have have shone a bad light on all the Hmongs.
Actually, the Hmongs and the people on this forum have something in common. The Hmong were (are?) makers of crossbows, which was their weapon of choice in Laos, Cambodia, and Viet Nam. Here is a link to some pics of a Hmong crossbow, quiver and bolts. http://therionarms.com/sold/ttoy331.html
A friend sent me a 'bolt' from one of these Hmong crossbows, and it looks like a kids toy compared to my Gold Tip carbon bolts I shoot in my Exocet. The 'vanes' are nothing more than a diamond shaped piece of some sort of palm leaf that is fit into a slot on the end of the bolt.
After looking at these pics of the Hmong crossbow again, I'd really like to build my own crossbow someday from scratch .
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

This incident will have a greater (negative) impact on the publics opinion of hunters in general, not a specific ethnic group. As a hunter I prefer to single out the individual or the system that allowed the a-hole to get a hunting licence or a gun. I have been asked about hunting "rituals" - some 'hunters' like to parade the head of their game on top of their cars downtown for a week after the hunt, which most hunters will not do - and I have discussed the Wis. incident with gun-shy people; I believe that the best response is a diplomatic one. As soon as you offer to "fix the SOB" (put him back in the bush without a gun...) you only encourage the negative public opinion of hunters.
Between you and me, to bad that one of the hunting group did not get a clean shot off and case closed; to my neighbor, that guy was obviously unstable and not really interested in hunting - how was he allowed to purchase a gun or a hunting licence?
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

Lets face it we know crap about what actually happened.

Chances are that is the most we will ever know. Witnesses are all dead.(except 1)

Who would we blame if it was a redneck in the treestand???
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Blame the shooter ONLY..

No one else made him shoot all those people -IRREGARDLESS of who fired the first shot.

He admittedly chased down and shot unarmed people in the back. People that did not pose a threat to him except to identify him in a police line up..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Camper

Post by Camper »

No need to blame the individuals race or ethnicity. Blame the individual
Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper