Easton FMJ vs BE Zombie Slayer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crossbownewb440

Easton FMJ vs BE Zombie Slayer

Post by crossbownewb440 »

Are there any better crossbow bolts on the market other than these two?
Normous

Re: Easton FMJ vs BE Zombie Slayer

Post by Normous »

BEE are also excellent.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
crossbownewb440

In what scenario would I opt to use a Executioner over a Zombie SLayer?
janesy

Post by janesy »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:15 am
In your exact scenario, executioner. In fact the arrows that will come with your grz2 will be executioners. Unless it's an old stock bow, but I wouldn't expect that from Cabela's
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
I suggest the one that fits your wallet best. Both will perform equally at hunting distances . The Zombie shaft is somewhat stiffer but the Executioner comes in with a slightly better price point. Let your wallet make the choice.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

For crossbows the stiffer the arrow the better. For me it's Black Eagle Arrow Zombie Slayers in all my bows. Second would be the executioners followed by Gold Tip Nitro Pros.

FMJs are off the list.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Welcome to the Excalibur forum.
I use Wyverns Dragon Claws. They're relabeled BEE shafts and the price is hard to beat. They shoot lights out through all my different Excals.
Take care
Hatchet
crossbownewb440

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 am
crossbownewb440 wrote:
In your exact scenario, executioner. In fact the arrows that will come with your grz2 will be executioners. Unless it's an old stock bow, but I wouldn't expect that from Cabela's
Well actually, they're BE Diablo 18" bolts that came with the crossbow. I bought it fresh in the box. Cabela's DID sell me the Xbow at a remarkable price, but again I factor that due to inflation and their old stock not having been purchased at the new price..
crossbownewb440

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 pm
For crossbows the stiffer the arrow the better. For me it's Black Eagle Arrow Zombie Slayers in all my bows. Second would be the executioners followed by Gold Tip Nitro Pros.

FMJs are off the list.
What's the deal with Easton archery anyway? I saw a video on social media where someone was discussing many bow manufacturers making the switch from Easton to Black Eagle. Do they not manufacture good products any longer?

But I agree with you, my brief research on this forum has indicated that Zombie Slayers are the choice among today's best and most successful hunters.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I like the weight of the full metal jackets but have found they can break very easy. For my money it's Zombies for all my bows.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
janesy

Post by janesy »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:30 pm
janesy wrote:
crossbownewb440 wrote:
Well actually, they're BE Diablo 18" bolts that came with the crossbow. I bought it fresh in the box. Cabela's DID sell me the Xbow at a remarkable price, but again I factor that due to inflation and their old stock not having been purchased at the new price..
Yessir, those are built on Executioner shafts👍
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
crossbownewb440

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 pm
crossbownewb440 wrote:
janesy wrote:

That I did not know, pls forgive my ignorance lol

Again, I'm new to all of this. I'm having difficulty trying to build a heavyweight bolt, the Diablo's are all weighted at 250 grains. With the provided tips, that brings the weight to a 400 grain total (standard weight) I don't think broadheads can be weighted for more than 150 grain, so I'm assuming I need to find a heavier arrow if I want to bring down bigger game like deer, moose, etc.

What are the best and most devastating broadheads in your opinion?
janesy

Post by janesy »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 pm
janesy wrote:
crossbownewb440 wrote:

Again, I'm new to all of this. I'm having difficulty trying to build a heavyweight bolt, the Diablo's are all weighted at 250 grains. With the provided tips, that brings the weight to a 400 grain total (standard weight) I don't think broadheads can be weighted for more than 150 grain, so I'm assuming I need to find a heavier arrow if I want to bring down bigger game like deer, moose, etc.

That's why we are all hear, to learn. The new Excal branded arrows are all executioners. The regular ones are .003, and the "profilghts" are .001
Aside from the weight issue, they are really good arrows.

I don't have nearly the experience with broad heads as a lot of guys here do. I typically buy new heads and then chicken out the night before and take my wasp drones into the stand. But I did recently have excellent results with Swat MOABs, at total weight of 420 grns

But 400 grain is perfectly acceptable for Deer. Moose, I would want heavier.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 pm
janesy wrote:
crossbownewb440 wrote:

If you want mechanical, maybe entertain the new SWAT Juggernauts. They are designed for bows with moderate speeds to increase penetration.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If your looking for good "heavy bolts" don't hesitate to look up norms new arrow building buisness he's a great forum person I'm sure you will get a better than good custom product.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.