Saddle Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Saddle Hunting

Post by CT.HNTR »

So I am interested in the concept of saddle hunting. I like the idea that I can have numerous tress prepped but all I need to hunt is a set of Lone Wolf Climbing sticks and my saddle. It seems like a very mobile concept without the cost of having to purchase numerous hang on tree stands.

Saddle hunting seems to work very well with vertical bows as you can keep the tree between you and the line of sight of the deer and then swing out when it's time to take a shot.

I am not sure if this works with a crossbow as you are so close to the trunk and I am worried the tree tether will always be in the way.

If anybody has tried and has experience saddle hunting with a crossbow your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Don
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
xcaliber

Re: Saddle Hunting

Post by xcaliber »

I have dabbled a bit. I have only climbed about 6’ and tried a few methods, I’m not in very good health with severe heart issues so I’m trying to find the easiest way. You will want something for your feet to keep your mobility, I have a small one from out on a limb, and it allows you a lot of positions and easy maneuvering. Using sticks is not an option for me, so I’m using a foot climber from Tree Lounge. With it I could ditch the small platform. I’m still perfecting my methods, but I think you would do well with a matrix or micro model using the saddle.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Re: Saddle Hunting

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpzF-wGuf8

This guy has spent some time developing a method that offers some great options!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!