Excalibur Equinox Losing it’s touch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cchristopher

Excalibur Equinox Losing it’s touch

Post by cchristopher »

I have an older Excalibur Equinox and I wanted to see if anyone has had issues with the arms wearing out. Last year I paid for a new string and tune up. Now I can’t hit the target. At first I thought it was the arrows so I purchased new one. Still won’t hit the target.. I have a full size deer target and I can shoot the same arrow 4 times first on hits the plastic leg, next on underneath in the grass, next one I hit the neck, next one low and in the grass.

I have tried different types of arrows and I have NO consistency… any recommendations would be welcomed!!
Boo

Re: Excalibur Equinox Losing it’s touch

Post by Boo »

Do a complete bolt/fastener check. If that doesn’t uncover anything, try another scope
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:51 pm
Do a complete bolt/fastener check. If that doesn’t uncover anything, try another scope
I might add, when preforming a fastener check remove the stock (2 screws) and check the two screws securing the trigger unit to mainframe.
When checking POI start at 10 to 15 feet before moving out.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

It’s your scope or scope mount… pull up and down on the mount… probably lose. If not, your scope has gone bad, especially if it’s an older Excalibur model.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Follow ALL of the above posts. Loose trigger screws are not uncommon and can cause you fits.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Bad scope or loose scope mount would be my guess. I helped a buddy try to sight his bow in, and it was doing the same as the OP’s. The scope mount ended up being slightly loose.
cchristopher

Post by cchristopher »

Thanks everyone for the advice! I have tightened down all the screws on the crossbow. I went back out and shot 4 more arrows first one under the target next one dead on, next one front leg, last one hit front leg. I will order another scope and see if I am doing anything wrong there. My kid who was with me said the crossbow sounded different, when I hit the target dead on it sounded fine but the other times it sounded clunky.. Any other ideas?
williamN

Post by williamN »

When the brace height was too short on my Exocet, it sent arrows all over the place

ETA: also, there were wild arrows when I over lubed the rail and string
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Normous wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:57 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:51 pm
I might add, when preforming a fastener check remove the stock (2 screws) and check the two screws securing the trigger unit to mainframe.
When checking POI start at 10 to 15 feet before moving out.
I had that problem with my Exocet before, and the screw Normous references here was the culprit.
It’s a bit of a design flaw, IMO. The entire trigger unit is attached to the mainframe by a single wimpy No. 8 screw!