getting ready

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

getting ready

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

season starts tomorrow. son said need to get'em ready. he too busy I just got back from Indytoday. been too busy lately. got the matrix 380 out with the new Boo string, 20yds, 4 shots good, slight adjustment to left. 30 yds, good , just adjust an inch to left. 40 yds, first one dead on, second 6" low and right 3", what the heck! tried 3 more shots and a lot closer, but one bolt with some rough feel on the decal (BEZS's), flying wild. cleaned with alcohol, helped a little, almost feels like some of the block target stuck to it. any ideas about cleaning without hurting carbon?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
nchunterkw

Re: getting ready

Post by nchunterkw »

That's exactly what it is. The arrows are going so fast they melt that target a bit from friction. I clean with alcohol or acetone....I also remove all the decals on my Black Eagle arrows. Acetone does this. But I'm not sure that was why that arrow flew crazy.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

A remote possibility is that a new string will sometimes cause a slightly erratic POI while it is creeping. I would think you’ll see that in the first 20 or 30 shots if that is the case.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cardinalsfanforever

yes, first 40 shots on the string. but the one arrow. oldest grandson coming over this weekend if not rained out, he helps me with sighting in. he is the steady shot in the family. The rough feel on the bolt is very noticeable, satisfied it was from target. at the price of these things not wanting to jeopardize the integrity of the bolt when cleaning.
Cardinalsfanforever

the boys come over today and we were shooting well out to 40 then rained out. we'll get'er done soon tho