Lower Power Crossbow Options?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

williamN

Lower Power Crossbow Options?

Post by williamN »

Any recommendations for a good quality, lower poundage ( 80-120# ), recurve crossbow?

Any lower power limbs for Excalibur crossbows? I searched but nothing came up.

TIA!
Last edited by williamN on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic

Re: Lower Power Crossbow Options?

Post by Dominic »

My dealer here in germany offers an Apex XLT
This bow has 75lbs and speed is 170lbs with XLT limbs.
If you put Matrix limbs on it 270fps, no information about lbs, i guess ~175 185lbs.
Should be available in US or CAD top, but i am not sure.

https://www.arrowinapple.de/armbrust/excalibur/apex-xlt/
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

This is an Apex 90lb I bought and setup for my daughter to shoot targets and turkey hunt with. Last winter I built the wood stock for it. The whole family loves to shoot it. It's easy to cock and it's a blast to shoot. Doesnt tear up the targets and shows zero string wear after many shots.
[url=https://postimg.cc/BX16HhGC]Image
williamN

Post by williamN »

I searched Apex on Excalibur's website and got " We couldn't find any products that matched your search "
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Apex is no longer made. Check Ebay etc for used ones. The Apex comes up occasionally.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hatchet wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:42 pm
This is an Apex 90lb I bought and setup for my daughter to shoot targets and turkey hunt with. Last winter I built the wood stock for it. The whole family loves to shoot it. It's easy to cock and it's a blast to shoot. Doesnt tear up the targets and shows zero string wear after many shots.
Purdy One :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Normous wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:29 pm
Hatchet wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:42 pm
Purdy One :thumbup:
Thank you. I'm currently planning the my next wood project and gathering materials. Stay tuned!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Find a Micro then put Matric limbs on it. Will give around 250 fps. Its easy enough to hand cock if your in fair shape, rope cocks easier i had one n hunted tick toters with it a lot
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Another option would be to pick up one of the Exo series bows and shorten the rail to get the desired draw weight.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Have my custom 115lb/90lb cut down Vixen is all I ever shoot. Custom Vixen set at 115lb is my go to bow for 3D. Bow set for 90lb now for indoor target shooting for winter. Two complete front ends, one strait riser and one forward riser. Two matching Hawke scopes. Can change it back and forth and it remains all lined up. No muss, no fuss. :) 115lb scope set on the 5's out to 65 yards, 90lb set on 5's out to 50 yards. S5's on both front ends and an original Triggertech trigger installed with no markings. Was a test trigger from the very beginning days. Custom Boo strings on both risers. When I die bury me with it so I will have something to do down there! Don't forget the Allen keys and a small adjustable :thumbup: CHEERS!
williamN

Post by williamN »

wheelie wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:07 am
Have my custom 115lb/90lb cut down Vixen is all I ever shoot. Custom Vixen set at 115lb is my go to bow for 3D. Bow set for 90lb now for indoor target shooting for winter. Two complete front ends, one strait riser and one forward riser. Two matching Hawke scopes. Can change it back and forth and it remains all lined up. No muss, no fuss. :) 115lb scope set on the 5's out to 65 yards, 90lb set on 5's out to 50 yards. S5's on both front ends and an original Triggertech trigger installed with no markings. Was a test trigger from the very beginning days. Custom Boo strings on both risers. When I die bury me with it so I will have something to do down there! Don't forget the Allen keys and a small adjustable :thumbup: CHEERS!
Is there someone that does this custom work?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

williamN wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:42 pm
wheelie wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:07 am
Is there someone that does this custom work?
I planned the rail cut and a fabricator at my local welding shop cut rail and drilled out the holes for the riser. Cost me $40 cash. All the extra pieces I got from the Trading Post here on the forum. Matching scopes came used from Boo.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Here's where I put an Exo front end on a 308 Short rail. I don't have a draw board but I would guess 100 lb draw weight.

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=72269&start=15

Bulldog front end on a 308 Short rail I'd guess about 140 lb.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
williamN

Post by williamN »

[/quote]

I planned the rail cut and a fabricator at my local welding shop cut rail and drilled out the holes for the riser. Cost me $40 cash. All the extra pieces I got from the Trading Post here on the forum. Matching scopes came used from Boo.
[/quote]

How much was removed?

TIA!