Arrow keeper off centre

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gdavis

Arrow keeper off centre

Post by gdavis »

I was doing some range work on the weekend and noticed my arrow keeper seems to be a little bit off centre. Does it matter and is it worth trying to get it straightened out?
xcaliber

Re: Arrow keeper off centre

Post by xcaliber »

If it’s not loose and the bow is accurate to your hunting range, I would leave it alone.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I would leave it alone. Chances are it has a groove worn into it on the bottom side already, especially if it's rubber wrapped. Leave it be unless it's a problem for you or you may find yourself chasing your tail
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bcbuckblaster

Post by bcbuckblaster »

I fixed mine on my Matrix 380. Had to fix the spring on the anti dry fire system anyway, so while I had it all apart I straightened the arrow retainer out pretty easily. Only two screws holding it in place and it's done now. Looks much better :thumbup: (I have O.C.D.)

Having said that I would leave it until off season to do the repair, just in case anything goes wrong. I've heard that some guys will strip the screws taking the scope mount off. I learned from a different thread on this site that a member suggested using a T handle driver to get the most direct power into removing the scope mounting screws. That was excellent advice! Using an allen wrench is NOT recommended.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I would leave it alone for now but after the season gently grab and move in the proper direction and it should go back in place if your talking a sixteenth of an inch or so it's rubber mounted it will move a tiny amount. I moved my buddys almost an eighth last year it probably took a hit out in the field.
If it moves again your probably gonna have to take the scope mount off and retighten the screws.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.