Excalibur Matrix 380 issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: Excalibur Matrix 380 issue

Post by 8ptbuk »

Sorta sounds like there might be severe fletching contact somewhere to me. What kind of arrow and fletching combonation is being used?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There could be a number of things wrong, I need some pictures to go deeper. From what you are saying it seems you are getting what we call a partial dry fire. DO NOT SHOOT the bow until you figure this out or damage may be caused.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

IMO this is 100% an issue between the string and the arrow. I can't see how a loose screw would cause this erratic flight.

Possible issues:
1) The string is either slipping over or under the arrow
What are the details of the string? Is it too skinny (too small of a diameter)?
Are the nocks flat? moon?
Is the arrow retainer on the bow? Did it get bent up or something?

2) The string is not riding on the rail and is sort of "floating" above the rail
Is a limb twisted?
Is the string centered on the limbs?

3) Is the arrow sitting up off the rail? This could easily happen if the fletching is too big, and seems very likely to me.
What fletching is on the arrow?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

When you slide the arrow back, do you feel any contact with anything as it nears the latch?

I had a similar issue with my BD400 where about half my arrows were getting contact with the side of the latch, creating partial dryfire and spitting the arrows into the ground 20 yds out.

The issue ended up being the pocket machined into the rail for the trigger block was machined out of tolerance to one side. It only happened when I put a Proshot ACP trigger in it that must have also had the latch offset to slightly to the same side also. The problem didn't exist with the original trigger I had in it.

I diagnosed what I could for Excal, they said it sounds legit so I sent the rail and trigger in....they agreed and sent me a new rail and trigger.

All is good now and it is busting nocks at 80 yds...

Figured I'd go into that detail since it is possible yours has same issue.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

What arrows are you useing?
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

mr meat wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:38 pm
What arrows are you useing?
I was using Zombie Slayers, but issue was repeatable with other arrows too. I could always get the nock back against the string, but with them having pressure on one side of the latch, upon firing that side of the latch would temporarily push it away from the string, then string would impact, push arrow further forward again, leading to a very "unclean" launch.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I ordered a factory string and put it on. Immediately my issues quit. I bought 2 strings from this forum. I'm not here to bad mouth anyone, so I won't say any names, but it was 100% a string issue. Based on the difference in appearance, I'd say the two I had purchased from this forum were too thick. Either way, My issues are resolved, and I'm happy to move forward.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If you want accuracy in this hobby or sport you simply can't cheap out when a bolt starts looking ratty it should get tossed or at least a new nock or vanes if the shaft is worn it should get tossed. Plus a worn out arrow or bolt is just plain dangerous .
I shoot the factory fletched zombies they are really not that expensive l don't even refletch them anymore and if l shoot a buck with one its retired.
I got a friend who has a good job not hurting for anything but saves his bolts till they are crap...drives me nuts bragging about how many deer he killed with the same bolt.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad you got it fixed.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
884savage

Post by 884savage »

The guy that sold me the strings is a regular on here. I see now that right after I posted my original question that he went back and tried deleting our messages back and forth. Pretty shady buddy. Makes me want to call you out for making a crappy string that could have destroyed my bow. I've been in archery for 40+ years, and you trying to delete messages tells me you know you make an inferior product. You seriously tried to delete them before I ever even came back and said I'd found the answer. The minute I said I was having problems you knew it was your string and tried to cover your tracks. Sort of feel you know you owe me my money back.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Beware of the high cost of the cheapest string.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Normous

Post by Normous »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:55 pm

I got a friend who has a good job not hurting for anything but saves his bolts till they are crap...drives me nuts bragging about how many deer he killed with the same bolt.
Hey Joe I know a couple guys like that too. :mrgreen:
Guy I know had his Zombie shatter on his next shot after going one time through a deer resulting in micro fractures not seen till his next shot. I told him not to use it. The price he paid to repair his Xbow was significant.

Its NOT a forever arrow.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Glad you figured it out.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Some guys believe anything,, but the deleting your PMs is kinda a give away to me for a troll in action, I don't think others can delete chit on your end. If so their wasting their time on here! At any point, for your string to be the culprit of what your describing, you got other issues?????
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I can't imagine that it is on purpose but the OP is giving the guys who didn't make his string a black eye.
Some people just like stepping on rakes