What is the best ever made Excalibur-crossbow and why? (Your personal opinion.)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

retrieverman

Re: What is the best ever made Excalibur-crossbow and why? (Your personal opinion.)

Post by retrieverman »

The only bow I have that hasn’t had limb issues is my Dad’s old IBEX, so I will go with that one.
racking up points

Re: What is the best ever made Excalibur-crossbow and why? (Your personal opinion.)

Post by racking up points »

I had my personal favourite Excalibur made to my preferences 8)

The only model I coveted that I have not owned is a BD 400, that would be my choice for a bone stock Excalibur.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

wildcatter wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:02 pm
I agree their is no one model in a way. As long as the model is in a 380 Matrix. Lynx or Mad Max, never had a realtree model, but I'm sure vit would work as good as the ones I prefer. Prefer is just a choice, but the 380 is right in the middle of the sweet spot,

not to fast not to slow
not to wide not to narrow
not to long not to short
for cocking not the heaviest but not the lightest
I've owned about every Excalibur before it and after until about 3 years ago, I got tiered of buying new and selling them when I found already founf the best bow Excalibur ever made, just pick any model in the 380 Matrix and you wont go wrong!
Did you wrap the scope on the Lynx or is the snow camo on the optics factory?
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

wildcatter wrote:
I agree their is no one model in a way. As long as the model is in a 380 Matrix. Lynx or Mad Max, never had a realtree model, but I'm sure vit would work as good as the ones I prefer. Prefer is just a choice, but the 380 is right in the middle of the sweet spot,

not to fast not to slow
not to wide not to narrow
not to long not to short
for cocking not the heaviest but not the lightest
I've owned about every Excalibur before it and after until about 3 years ago, I got tiered of buying new and selling them when I found already founf the best bow Excalibur ever made, just pick any model in the 380 Matrix and you wont go wrong!
Pretty bows! Only missing the blackout version here....link to my 'old' blackout:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62794&p=617086#p617086
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Yup….the one you’re shooting and are happy with!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mikej

Post by mikej »

Bulldog 440 for me
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I’ve yet to handle an Excalibur crossbow I didn’t like. They are all class acts. I will have to be noncommittal here and say they are all improvements of their predecessors but any are excellent performers.

My old Exomax still send arrows through deer like a hot knife through butter!! I am still amazed how quickly someone can become an accurate shooter with it. It’s a shooters dream platform.

My brothers Matrix 380 is also very easy to get aquatinted with.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Species8472 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:09 pm
wildcatter wrote:

Did you wrap the scope on the Lynx or is the snow camo on the optics factory?
That was my doing, I did have a Vortex XBR dipped, got moisture in the inside. But as Vortex claims lifetime warranty and wont ask how it happened, they covered it 100% resealed and good as new!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!