Pacing the floor.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Pacing the floor.

Post by xcaliber »

Beautiful morning with cool temperatures and low wind. We have a front moving in in a few hours so I know the deer are moving. I will make it through, but hoping many others are able to get out there and score! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Re: Pacing the floor.

Post by AJ01 »

Dan since you can't be "out and about", I'll post this picture for you.
How'd you like to be in your stand and have this sight in front of you?? :wtf: Welcome to Texas!! :lol:

Here's some critters you don't see every day, a couple of Scimitar Horned Oryx, a good Blackbuck Antelope and a dandy Aoudad Ram.
The Aoudad is called "Old Man"....he's about 14 years old. Not scared of a dang thing!! :eusa-naughty:

I know a lot of folks don't like "high fences" but they are a success story within themselves. Take the Oryx and the Aoudad for example. They are considered "extinct" in thier native countries. Yet here in Texas, we have them by the thousands. Game farmers have even sent species BACK to thier country of origin to try and re-stock native lands. Only to have poachers kill them off again.

As Ron White would say..."Ya can't fix stupid"!! :eusa-think: :eusa-doh:

The Campbell Ranch in south Texas has about 15,000 Oryx on it. That's more than the rest of the world combined. Aoudad were first established in the Palo Duro Canyon south of Amarillo in 1954 by Texas Parks and Wildlife. They are now EVERYWHREE in Texas!! :lol: :lol:

If you've never been on an free range Aoudad hunt, you're missing a real treat!! They make a Whitetail look tame!! I swear 4 adult Rams can hide behind a single mesquite leaf!!! :lol: And the terrain in which they choose to live is rough and rugged.
If you draw a hunt into the Palo Duro....TPWD REQUIRES you have a handheld GPS system. Otherwise you are NOT allowed on the hunt. The Palo Duro was the last stronghold of the Plains Commanche's.
Yes Sir...we are a colorful bunch down here in Texas!! :lol:

Hang in there Daniel!!! Get Well!!! And know that you're in our prayers!!!

And if you're a good fellow and follow the Dr.'s orders, I'll tell you a story about Camels in Texas!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Trapped & Pacing here too Buddy!

Getting smoked by a heck of a rain storm, complete with heavy winds + thunder & lightening (quite rare for here).

Just as the rut is starting to kick in for the local Blacktails.

Did get invited to go for a truck wander with the rifles, but passed.
Want to use the bow again...

Hopefully soon...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."