Not gonna happen to me...until it does

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lituani

Not gonna happen to me...until it does

Post by lituani »

Never thought I'd fall victim to delamination. We're in midst of bow season and Matrix 380 is out of commission (hello Vortex! and Matrix 355).

Was excited to put Matrix 380 to use on moose hunt last week in northern Ontario. Sitting in blind, patiently waiting for bullwinkle to come by, when I heard a metallic "tink" sound. Couldn't see anything amiss so continued sitting. Returned to cabin that evening and had a delamination on LH limb, lower front edge, approx 11mm wide.

Should I remove the string first (which requires overstressing the limb and potentially running the splinter further than where it is)? Obviously cannot unbolt the limbs while under tension, and I refuse to cut a Boo string (that'd be sacrilege akin to a mortal sin!).

What is the contact number for Excalibur service/warranty group?
Hi5

Re: Not gonna happen to me...until it does

Post by Hi5 »

I assume you are sitting in a tree stand, pecking out your message on your smart phone. Here is the contact information shown on this website...

excaliburcrossbow.com | Phone: 888-689-1289 | Email: [email protected]
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you have Air Brakes/disapator bars remove them first. Just put your stringing aid and pull back on the limbs just enough to remove your string and your done.
Donno if you’ve swapped limbs yet but your best to remove your stirrup first so you can access the recoil bracket screws. Use a magnet bit on the stirrup and recoil bracket screws and tap it home before breaking them lose.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lituani

Post by lituani »

Thanks Boo & Hi5.
lituani

Post by lituani »

Getting ready to submit my RMA. Should I request/specify anything about the limb numbers (matching within certain parameter of each other)?

I recall seeing several threads on the importance/validity of those measurement numbers in regards to accuracy, but curious whether Excalibur automatically does that, or whether it should be pointed out explicitly.

If I'm replacing limbs, only wanna do it once. And get the same arrow splitting accuracy as the old limbs provided. 8)
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I’ve had to do RMA’s on my Micro 335 and formerly owned M380, and I believe the RMA asks for all the information they will need.

As far as removing the string, when my limbs cracked, I just unstrung them like normal, because I figured the limbs could get any more ruined than they already were.

For the record, the camo on my new limbs didn’t match the original at all, but as long as they don’t break again, I can over look the cosmetic difference.