Last Hunt at the Zoo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Re: Last Hunt at the Zoo

Post by gerald strine »

Congratulations on the outstanding buck harvest !
That is a bursar.
Hopefully when one door closes another will open for you.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and best of luck to you this season in your pursuits!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I had a zoo of my own for about 10 years ,it was a little farm that l had basically to myself totally non pressured with many big bucks ,it made you spoiled as a hunter but lost it to hunters from the city offering the land owner a hideous amount of money ....totally understand but life goes on I'm still killing nice bucks and you will also.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Good Job Derrick.

I know the loss of access to property feeling.

During my hunt this week the landowners son visited me to tell me his Dad isn't doing well and they are not sure what they will do with the property if he passes. I have a feeling this will be my last hunting season in the honey hole!! :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Giant of a deer! Congrats!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
racking up points

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:32 am
Good Job Derrick.

I know the loss of access to property feeling.

During my hunt this week the landowners son visited me to tell me his Dad isn't doing well and they are not sure what they will do with the property if he passes. I have a feeling this will be my last hunting season in the honey hole!! :(
Sorry to hear that, Jeff!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jeff, I’m in the same situation with our hunting place. Finding places is getting harder every year as we all know, and very few farmers realize that we are actually helping them. Leasing is an option but you have to be in a higher tax bracket here in the USA. Anyway, hoping you both have good luck finding a new place!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Derrick, I am so sorry that you lost your best hunting spot. I havent posted before now because this hits so close to home. we started leasing the place that we hunted( pretty much everything in Texas is a lease) in 1986. Landowner told us up front that he had the sand and gravel rights leased to the rock pit and they would eventually start to mine it. He said that he didnt know if it would be 1 year or 10 but that we would loose it when they started to mine. Well the call didnt come until 4 years ago, so we were there 31 years I think. I sure didnt realize how good we had it or how spoiled I had become. So I can understand how much you can appreciate a good place and the memories that you have made there. Getting a great deer on your last outing is a wonderful way to close it out though! Congrats on the nice buck.
racking up points

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:54 pm
Derrick, I am so sorry that you lost your best hunting spot. I havent posted before now because this hits so close to home. we started leasing the place that we hunted( pretty much everything in Texas is a lease) in 1986. Landowner told us up front that he had the sand and gravel rights leased to the rock pit and they would eventually start to mine it. He said that he didnt know if it would be 1 year or 10 but that we would loose it when they started to mine. Well the call didnt come until 4 years ago, so we were there 31 years I think. I sure didnt realize how good we had it or how spoiled I had become. So I can understand how much you can appreciate a good place and the memories that you have made there. Getting a great deer on your last outing is a wonderful way to close it out though! Congrats on the nice buck.
Thanks, buddy. Losing land is tough when you’ve started to set roots.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Very sorry to hear you lost your hunting area. This far to common an occurrence nowadays.

This kind of crap is why I have to go to extraordinary lengths to hunt, i.e. camp in my boat, hunt areas that are almost inaccessible, etc.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35