Forearm hand saver for Exo series bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shafferm

Forearm hand saver for Exo series bows

Post by shafferm »

The later Exo series bows added an additional half an inch to the forearm to keep fingers and thumbs out of the way of the string. So I decided to put together a cad model that would add that additional half inch spacing to the bottom of the forearm.
Here it is printing in PETG plastic with a print time of around 3.5 hours at 25% infill.

Here is an Axiom stock for comparison with the adapter added on my Exomag, still waiting on some half inch longer round head screws to arrive, although it is a bit of a snap fit onto the stock.

Front view of the adapter on the Exomag with the front of the Axiom as well.
Side view of the adapter on the Exomag. It weighs in at around 73 grams and helps to get the thumb and fingers further away from the string. Nice way of retrofitting the older Exo series bows (ones that had the metal sling swivel in the rear) to keep them out at the range and out in the woods.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
gerald strine

Re: Forearm hand saver for Exo series bows

Post by gerald strine »

Great job on the modification.
I love the gold, bronze railed bows with the old camo patterns they look awesome.
They take deer pretty darn well also.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Nice Job!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

gerald strine wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:20 am
Great job on the modification.
I love the gold, bronze railed bows with the old camo patterns they look awesome.
They take deer pretty darn well also.
I agree. That color is my favorite.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Nice job Michael. I did something similar back when I had a micro stock on a Vortex chassis. That short fore-end left way too much open rail in front.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Nice work !!
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

Nice! I added aluminum angles to mine to prevent fingers getting to to the triangle of death. Posted it a few years ago here https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=599391#p599391

They still have not come off despite hunting in extreme conditions, work perfectly and cost almost nothing. best of all to make a set you need a file, a hacksaw, some black painted aluminum angle from home depot, some heavy duty 2 sided tape and 20 minutes. oh and some black spray paint to touch up the raw edges when finished.