Micro Scope Upgrade??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Micro Scope Upgrade??

Post by Big Woods »

HI All-

I have a Micro 335 with a Dead Zone scope. I actually like the scope other than the holdovers being diamonds. I would like to find a similar scope that is very compact but has crosshairs for holdovers instead of diamonds. I did look at a Hawke Compact and the reticle looked pretty busy. Any suggestions here?

Thank You!
Carnivorous

Re: Micro Scope Upgrade??

Post by Carnivorous »

The best crossbow specific scope out there available now is the Vortex crossfire ii crossbow scope. Aim points are spot on out to 100 yards. Red and green illumination. Kit comes with scope rings,flip covers and neoprene scope cover.

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:21 pm
The best crossbow specific scope out there available now is the Vortex crossfire ii crossbow scope. Aim points are spot on out to 100 yards. Red and green illumination. Kit comes with scope rings,flip covers and neoprene scope cover.

I'll 2nd that!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Is the Vortex pretty compact like the Deadzone?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If you can find one, Nikon P3 is great scope, I’m not going to shoot past 30 yards hunting, so everything beyond that in a scope is noise in my opinion.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I bought a Crossfire 2 but in low light and because of my old eyes, the reticles are too bright and the markers are too fine. Glass is just ok for me. I have a couple of Strike Eagle 1X8s which are better for my eyes and the glass quality is noticably better. It is an AR scope so it is meant to take some abuse which I have given it.
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-strike-eagle-1-8x24-ar-bdc3.html

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:50 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:21 pm

I'll 2nd that!
My question to you is does the numbers on the right light up too with the hairs ? That to me would make it that much better.
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Yes they do. My Hawke doesn't do that.

It's a nice feature to have the numbers illuminate, but they are very small. My eyes are still really good, so I love it. Have heard others with less than perfect eyes say they can't read the numbers.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks for that info
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Jozzer

Post by Jozzer »

I just recieved a crossfire ii for my 350 se.. haven't installed it yet. The numbers do light up but are tiny to read. . So far just after unboxing it I think I will like it way better than the dead zone.. the light reticle dial turns like a dimmer switch. It doesn't click with different levels of brightness. The lense is really clear. Cant wait to try it out.. I also installed a acp trigger in 2 stage setting it's going to feel like a different brand new bow
350 le
Crossfire ii scope
Acp trigger 2nd stage
Boo custom string
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:09 am
If you can find one, Nikon P3 is great scope, I’m not going to shoot past 30 yards hunting, so everything beyond that in a scope is noise in my opinion.
X2

Post by newbie »

This. I run a Mark AR Mod 1 thanks to rackingup. Has the firedot and its all I use. Sight in for 25 ~ 30 yards and good out to 35 plus with just a little holdover.

In the heat of the moment I've used the wrong crosshairs with scopes that have a few aim points. Shot clear over or under too many times to go back to them.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!