OT: New Ruling in Favor of Canadian Gun Owners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: New Ruling in Favor of Canadian Gun Owners

Post by IronNoggin »

Judge Sides With Gun Owners, Allows Hearings to Fight Trudeau’s May 2020 Attacks

Alberta judge allows Section 74 hearings, says “nullification” of firearm-registration certificates “did not occur by operation of law.”

In the absence of proper process and an express statement that previously issued registration certificates were revoked, and in the absence of any other provision in the Criminal Code or the Firearms Act mandating revocation in these circumstances, the revocation (nullification or invalidation) of the registration certificates did not occur by operation of law.

thegunblog.ca/2022/01/21/court-win-judge-sides-with-gun-owners-allows-hearings-to-fight-trudeaus-may-2020-attacks/

That presents rather interesting news.

The original opportunity to file a Section 74 Challenge came with a government issued edict on the amount of time one could do so following the date OIC was let. Quite restrictive actually, and most affected missed the time period as a consequence. This new Decision reverses that, and now allows any who did not previously file the right to do so if they wish. Already there has been a rush of Section 74 Challenges launched in the short time since this ruled was made. Expect a heck of a lot more, now including mine.

I strongly suggest that if you are affected, you file ASAP. The tide is shifting and the more weight we can collectively put behind that the better chance we might yet prevail.

thegunblog.ca/2020/08/11/why-and-how-i-applied-for-a-section-74-hearing-cameronss/

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hillcountry

Re: OT: New Ruling in Favor of Canadian Gun Owners

Post by Hillcountry »

Better than a sharp stick in the eye! I know my relatives in Quebec have been raped by these “laws”
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360