off topic Para Ordinance ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

off topic Para Ordinance ?

Post by gerald strine »

Para Ordinance used to be a huge seller here in the states but I realized that I never see them advertise or around anymore.
Did the Canadian gun rules changes drive them out of business ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Re: off topic Para Ordinance ?

Post by Boo »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para_USA
Some people just like stepping on rakes
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm
Para Ordinance used to be a huge seller here in the states but I realized that I never see them advertise or around anymore.
Yep out of business few years ago Remington group bought Para, Bushmaster, Marlin, H&R / NEF and started phasing some of these brands out. Due to poor business management and lawsuits Remington met the same fate. Now Remington sold their ammo section, they sold Marlin to Ruger and sold the firearms section to another group who knows when they’ll be back fully operational. Last year Smith & Wesson dropped Thompson Center and I don’t believe anyone has bought them as of yet. I hate seeing these larger companies buy out the smaller ones everyone loses on that. I think the same thing has started in the archery business with some of these larger companies buying out the smaller ones I just hope it doesn’t effect my favorite brands there to.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:36 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para_USA
Thanks Don.
That explains a lot.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 am
gerald strine wrote:
Yep out of business few years ago Remington group bought Para, Bushmaster, Marlin, H&R / NEF and started phasing some of these brands out. Due to poor business management and lawsuits Remington met the same fate. Now Remington sold their ammo section, they sold Marlin to Ruger and sold the firearms section to another group who knows when they’ll be back fully operational. Last year Smith & Wesson dropped Thompson Center and I don’t believe anyone has bought them as of yet. I hate seeing these larger companies buy out the smaller ones everyone loses on that. I think the same thing has started in the archery business with some of these larger companies buying out the smaller ones I just hope it doesn’t effect my favorite brands there to.
It is a shame the damage one group of investors has done to the firearms industry.
Hopefully the remaining manufactures currently in the market do not make the same type of poor decisions selling off to giant greedy investor groups.
Something is wrong one one group owns such a huge chunk of the industry, Like you stated everyone suffers.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
janesy

Post by janesy »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:26 pm
OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 am
gerald strine wrote:
It is a shame the damage one group of investors has done to the firearms industry.
Hopefully the remaining manufactures currently in the market do not make the same type of poor decisions selling off to giant greedy investor groups.
Something is wrong one one group owns such a huge chunk of the industry, Like you stated everyone suffers.
I'm a big Remington fan myself. But it's safe to say that the damage was already done long before the investors got involved. Decades of PR mismanagement was eventually their downfall.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Totally agree I’ve got several I’m hoping they can rebound and comeback from this.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats