OT: On This Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: On This Day

Post by IronNoggin »

In 1959

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Re: OT: On This Day

Post by AJ01 »

And Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the flight. Otherwise, we would have never heard of him. :eusa-think:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:16 pm
And Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the flight. Otherwise, we would have never heard of him. :eusa-think:
And a very nervous Ritchie Valens (who hated flying) took his place.
The rest is history...

I've often wondered how they would have impacted the music world had their contributions continued...

And I still listen to their stuff almost daily.

RIP Gentz!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

"A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while..."

America Pie 1971
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Flashback: How Waylon Jennings Survived the Day the Music Died

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/flashback-how-waylon-jennings-survived-the-day-the-music-died-122992/
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Rolling Stone magazine does not include American Pie in it 500 greatest songs of all time which I find to be a real travesty.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

CT.HNTR wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:48 pm
Rolling Stone magazine does not include American Pie in it 500 greatest songs of all time which I find to be a real travesty.
:wtf: :shock: Well, consider the source!! Rolling Stones!! What an ABSOLUTE Joke that rag has become!! :thumbup: