Excalibur Phoenix Owners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sbox

Excalibur Phoenix Owners

Post by sbox »

How many Phoenix shooters are there on the forum? I might get the chance to pick one up and wondering how you all like them. Something about the old school wide Excaliburs that draws me to them. I have another old school excalibur but considering picking up this Phoenix and would be interested in your likes or dislikes, problems with yours.
Thank you..sb
Excalibur Micro 380, Exocet 200, Phoenix, Vixen, Vixen II
vixenmaster

Re: Excalibur Phoenix Owners

Post by vixenmaster »

I had couple of them, 1st one was a 14" vixen rail/mainframe on it. Did not get the305 fps. Actually it got an avg. of 290, so they had them with a 14.5" rail & it got better fps at 302. Yup i had 2 of them, traded one to a member for his E'cet 200 . They were n still are a nice model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Had an Ibex which is the same model with a thumb hole stock, great shooter!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

sbox wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:28 pm
How many Phoenix shooters are there on the forum? I might get the chance to pick one up and wondering how you all like them. Something about the old school wide Excaliburs that draws me to them. I have another old school excalibur but considering picking up this Phoenix and would be interested in your likes or dislikes, problems with yours.
Thank you..sb
As far as problems go, I'd be surprised if there was ever a warranty claim against on in its entire model history.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The ibex and Phoenix are favorites of mine it's just a preference of stock choices honestly l like both .
I picked up my Phoenix from an older gentleman that bought it for his son and was never even assembled for 300 bucks even came with a bag target and bolts.
305 fps is plenty fast and as the others said these bows last forever.
I have many exo bows and parts to last my lifetime most bought on local Craigslist for 300 dollars .
People buy new space bows and get divorced simply loose interest in hunting when they get a tick on then or poison ivy etc. And you can easily swoop em up its an awsome thing.
In almost all "cases " l even got a free case with the crossbow also.
Right now l see an equinox for 500 bucks with all accessories..l don't doubt the owner would bite at 450 cash ....especially after 2 weeks of idiots texting and calling just give em a sad story and the cash.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a Phoenix, great bow. Shoots 287 fps with a 400 grain arrow. It is very accurate if I do my job! I have taken numerous deer with it.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Best bow ever made... all things being equal. Easy to cock, plenty fast, and nock busting accurate!! Yep, I like mine... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

For some reason l see myself in the future carrying the exo bow and people snickering at my big recurve bow from the "past" hopefully l live long enough for the snickers ....l can take a lot of abuse l have thick skin .
I still hunt with my grandfather's pre 64 Winchester 3006...heck the excalibur will be a youngster still.
I think they make fun of my giant vortex now but maby I'm paranoid
I love walking to stand with the big wooden Y25 exo it feels like l got a million bucks in my backpack....not snacks ,water deer lure and toilet paper...
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I am a Phoenix owner and a Vixen Custom Munchkin. Only two I ever need. Munchkin has two complete frond ends (strait and a forward) and two identical Hawke scopes. Couple bolts and scope and it goes from 90lbs to 115lbs. Pretty much the only one I shoot.

Speed bug has never hit me. I am at the stage of lets see how slow we can go and still be on target at 100 yards. LOL

CHEERS!
TPM

Post by TPM »

Been shooting a Phoenix since 2006. It's the only crossbow I've ever owned and I really have no desire to replace it. To me it's the perfect bow, easy to cock 40 times in a day at a 3D shoot, balances well and I've never been a speed demon. It's on it's second set of limbs, had a splinter in one of the original limbs but this bow has seen literally thousands of shots out it.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger