Sportsmen Respond to New Threat to Bowhunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

(Columbus) - Ten sportsmen’s organizations, businesses and publications launched the first steps in the defense of bowhunting against new attacks against the sport.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance convened a conference call of national bowhunting interests in the wake of the announced merger of the Humane Society of the United States and the Fund for Animals. The newly formed mega-animal rights group declared bowhunting as a primary target.

Participants were provided a report on the combined capabilities of the new animal rights organization. The groups agreed to design and implement a plan to meet and defeat the threat to bowhunting.

“There was widespread understanding of the need to prepare,” said Rick Story, senior vice president of the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance. “There was also widespread agreement that sportsmen have the capability to defeat this threat if we organize now.”

Conference call participants included the Archery Trade Association, Bowhunting Magazine, Bowhunting.net, Bowhunting World Magazine, the Bowsite, the International Bowhunting Organization, National Bowhunter Education Foundation, National Field Archery Association, Pope and Young Club and the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance.

The organizations will meet in January during the Archery Trade Association Show in Indianapolis, Indiana. "
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

What is their specific beef with bowhunting?? Do they claim it's less humane than guns?? Just curious. Too bad HSUS has degenerated into an animal rights org. They used to be a good outfit that found homes & provided shelter for dogs & cats and pushed neutering. Now they want all of us "neutered". BTW, they probably kill more animals than bowhunters :o).
Greg
DJH

Post by DJH »

Their “Big Picture” is to ban ALL hunting. They view bowhunting as the weakest link in the chain right now. First it was trapping, a sport they have pretty much destroyed. The next step, by their own admission is bowhunting. Let us all hope that the gun hunters, the bird hunters and the black powder hunters will recognize the action for what it is and join in the battle to preserve our hunting heritage.
For years, I and many that I know have been trying to tell people that it is not a question of what you use to hunt or how you hunt, it just the fact that you DO HUNT! And for years we have watched as mindless people who call themselves hunters have attacked their brothers while the anti-hunting organizations have gained both strength and momentum in their march to destroy all forms of hunting.
The time has come for each and every one of us to put aside our petty indifferences and to work and organize for what one of my friends calls the “mother of all wars”. We can no longer afford to be complacent if we wish to pass on our heritage to our children and grandchildren. Anyone who still believes that it doesn’t effect him or her is delusional. Get involved, get busy or get ready for the end of hunting.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Our county has recently called the FHFH to see if it can help with the feeding of the homeless, Montgomery county is one of the most liberial countys in the country as to see the leading officals acting on FHFH is a surprize to me. I think the more folks that are aware of what we as bow hunters do to help out the needy and homeless is our best combatant against the BS of the peta people.
. WW I was reading about the new assult and the aliance that is being fourmed in DC in Dec. it has sparked a wide spreed interist of bow hunters all around the country to get involved to fight this attack.