Check this out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Check this out

Post by Boo »

My wife is laid up because of a bad ankle break so she's surfing and planning the fall. Karin found this so she can try to deek around my hunting.
https://www.eveningtribune.com/story/sports/2022/03/25/whitetail-rut-prediction-2022-what-expect-hunting-season-fall-deer/9373992002/
This is a quote from the article "The significance is that the moon follows a 19-year cycle so that every 19 years, the moon is full on the same date as well as all the other phases identically duplicating the prior sequence, leading up and following."
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Re: Check this out

Post by wheelsquad »

Dang, can't find my deer activity journal from 2003 😉

Pretty cool though. I'm not sure how much I actually subscribe to moon phase thing. One expert says this and another says that. 🤷‍♂️
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen a deer when I hunted near a full moon. But there are quite a few that adhere to it.

Edit: I meant to say that I have not seen a deer when I hunted near a full moon.
Last edited by Boo on Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

I used to spend time ( and more time and more money) hanging around with some hard-core and professional Muskie fisherman and this often came up.

The lunar calendar is pretty easy to understand if you totally debunk any and all mythology from it and remember that Animals(and fish) that are vision based hunters, or prey for that matter move the most when they can see. They can't count or tell time. But if they can see better and feel safer on any given night they will move more, simple as that.

The theory for fishing is rock solid. The full moon lights up the water table like crazy so a fish laying on the bottom, like a Walter, is without a doubt going to feed better on a full moon. So then in turn so is a Muskie. Bring on the night bite!

That line of thought represents the hunter side, but if the prey side is more comfortable at night they will move more. Humans are the same, who doesn't take a leak in the backyard in the middle of the night and marvel at what you can see by moonlight. It's super cool.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme