Starting To Slowing Gain a Bit Of My Life Back.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Starting To Slowing Gain a Bit Of My Life Back.

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Well I've been dealing with aging/sickly parents since 2017 I've had to step back a bit. Dad just turned 90 and Mother will be 87 next month. Dad has gone through so much it would have killed most. He's such a trooper. At one point I was traveling to their hose 7 days a week sometimes twice a day. I was driving him back and fourth to dialysis 2-3 times a week. We had to sell their home and move them to an apartment. We finally have enough help to allow me to step back for the last 5 months. Things are stable for now.

I haven't shot my Micro 355 since 2020, only hunted and and fished a handful of times since leaving work in 2019.
I just picked up a Charger EXT last week and plan on taking the targets out this week.
I have a C2 crank that I will be selling what is a fair price to ask for it? I might be selling it locally.

Wayne
gerald strine

Re: Starting To Slowing Gain a Bit Of My Life Back.

Post by gerald strine »

Your dedication to your parents is to be commended you will have no regrets in the future well done.
Good to hear you are breaking out the bow again you have earned it and it will be good to connect with a grounding thing like archery and hunting.
I am not sure about the price on a c2 crank Excalibur just released a new crank and not sure what it will do to the prices of the old ones but someone will chime in with some idea.
Welcome back.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I remember speaking with you several times about hunting, work and responsibilities.
Welcome back.
Hope you find some fresh air and outdoor pursuit pleasure here and there between taking care of mom and dad. The outdoors will pump some much needed energy back into you.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I know what you are going through with the parents, it's more than difficult, but a labor of love! They will save you a place in the afterlife!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Wayne you are to be commended for your loyalty to your folks. :clap: :thumbup: :angel:

I'm glad you're going to be able to resume your hunting. Good luck in ALL you do!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Thanks for the great support and kind words everyone.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My wife and I have been through some tough times with our parents they are not with us anymore but in my mind l have peace knowing that l did what l could for them.
Sounds like your doing what you can too. Hang in there and get out and clear your mind when possible.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.