OT: Fecal Blood testing - Get It DONE!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: Fecal Blood testing - Get It DONE!

Post by IronNoggin »

I promised to report back on my situation to the few here that knew what I was going through. This is my follow-up on that, and an urging to get this test done. Especially for those 50 and over...

Due to ongoing health concerns I have a battery of tests conducted annually. One suggested an anomaly, so a couple more ensued (including the poop test). They also came back positive. Damn.

Yesterday I was in for the double-ender procedure. They removed some polyps believed to be benign at this point, and took multiple biopsy samples of both upper / mid stomach and colon. We now await the results. Surgeon says he believes we are on a one and done scenario.. Fingers crossed.

The worst of it was the prep. I had a rather violent reaction to that with stuff pouring out both ends, no sleep and rapid onset of chills & sweats. Hope it is a hell of a long time before I have to stare that down again!

Get It Done!!! Early diagnosis presents your best possibility of successfully dealing with these matters!

Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Normous

Re: OT: Fecal Blood testing - Get It DONE!

Post by Normous »

Good advice, took the same test recently...negative.
Wishing you a positive outcome Matt.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I Agree 100% , mine have been coming back negative
for the last 3 years now, i also get the PSA test for prostate
for some time now, these tests are important for us guys.
Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hope you’re good Matt! Tests are important as we rack up the years.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have been thru the it, The prep is worse than the procedure but neither are "fun". But the alternative is far worse. Glad to hear your looking after yourself 'nog.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

Had a couple of barium enemas which was absolutely zero fun :wtf: I do the mail in poop test every couple years. It's not a big deal at all and I think it's worth it. My Dr says that she's never lost a patient for colon cancer because of the tests. Good enough for me! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Yes the poop in a pouch is a lot easier than what you had to go through .
Take care and best wishes for clean results .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Doe Master wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:12 pm
If your family doctor cooperates.......mine doesn't. Guess nothing in it for him.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Fazan wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:23 pm
Doe Master wrote:
If your family doctor cooperates.......mine doesn't. Guess nothing in it for him.
Tell him you'll send him a pouchful if it'll make him feel any better about it.
Take care
Corey
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 pm
Had a couple of barium enemas which was absolutely zero fun :wtf: I do the mail in poop test every couple years. It's not a big deal at all and I think it's worth it. My Dr says that she's never lost a patient for colon cancer because of the tests. Good enough for me! :thumbup:
This, :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Fazan the last two times it was the Ministry of Health who sent it to me , not my family doctor . Maybe get a hold of the Ministry . For all those without a family doctor there has to be ways to still get the kits out there . For those without a family doctor in Ontario .
https://healthconnectontario.health.gov.on.ca/static/guest/home
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Fazan wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:23 pm
Doe Master wrote:
My Dr orders the tests at my yearly physical, that is, when I remember to go in for the yearly :roll:

https://www.cancercareontario.ca/en/types-of-cancer/colorectal/screening#ui-accordion-3-header-0

Fecal Immunochemical Test
The fecal immunochemical test (FIT) is an at-home screening test. To get your free FIT, talk with your family doctor or nurse practitioner. If you do not have a family doctor or nurse practitioner, you can get a FIT by calling Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-828-9213. People in the North West region or the Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand Brant regions, may be able to get a FIT through one of our mobile screening coaches. If you live on a First Nation community, contact your health centre or nursing station for more information.

Once a FIT has been ordered for you, LifeLabs will mail a FIT package to your Ontario mailing address of choice. For more information on how to do your FIT, see the FIT Instructions page.

If you have any problems with your FIT package, call LifeLabs at 1-833-676-1426.

Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:52 pm
I promised to report back on my situation to the few here that knew what I was going through. This is my follow-up on that, and an urging to get this test done. Especially for those 50 and over...

Due to ongoing health concerns I have a battery of tests conducted annually. One suggested an anomaly, so a couple more ensued (including the poop test). They also came back positive. Damn.

Yesterday I was in for the double-ender procedure. They removed some polyps believed to be benign at this point, and took multiple biopsy samples of both upper / mid stomach and colon. We now await the results. Surgeon says he believes we are on a one and done scenario.. Fingers crossed.

The worst of it was the prep. I had a rather violent reaction to that with stuff pouring out both ends, no sleep and rapid onset of chills & sweats. Hope it is a hell of a long time before I have to stare that down again!

Get It Done!!! Early diagnosis presents your best possibility of successfully dealing with these matters!

Matt
Matt, this is a really good bit of advice. I think it is something that some guys don't know about. I also think that some "old school" Drs don't buy into, butt :mrgreen: they should! :thumbup:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

As some of you know, my wife battled colon cancer for several years over a couple of different surgeries. Chemo and the whole 9 yards. She has been "cancer free" now for almost 3 years.
I cannot stress it enough! GET TESTED!!

Matt, my friend, you and yours are in our prayers!! :angel: I sincerely hope that it is indeed "one and done"!! :thumbup:
Take Care!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!